[Hogwarts Au] Date - Tweek Tweak

No one's pov .

(Y/n) licked her lips at the sight of the feast in front of her . To say she was hungry was an understatement , no , she was hungry to the point that she could probably swallow two main dishes without batting an eyelash .

Though , she couldn't help but notice the tension within her house and the really hardcore glares the girls at sending to the boys .

Actually , scratch that . Almost all the girls in the different houses are glaring at the boys , whether it was from their own house or from the other .

Well , didn't really matter to her really . Besides , it must be something petty like say -

"Can you believe that no boys asked any of the girls out yet for the ball ? "

Oh yeah . Totally petty .

(Y/n) could just feel the pettiness just radiating from the girls as she slurped her spaghetti , it was like the sun radiating heat but in this case , the sun is trying to wipe out the whole of humanity .

Ain't that just fantastic ?

In any case , she couldn't really blame the girls who were the same age as her . After all , the stress of all the homework and classes must've been taking a toll on them since their N.E.W.T exams were drawing near too. Though it didn't stop most of them from trying to get a date for the upcoming Yule Ball , especially the 7th year students

Though of course some of the 7th year students still plan on going to the Yule Ball , if they plan on flopping their exams that is even though that would be highly unlikely .

(Y/n) bit into the chicken drumstick as she looked around the table for Wendy , since if anything , Wendy should've been already asked by her 'on and off Gryffindor boyfriend' Stan Marsh . However , it came as a surprise when she witnessed Wendy stabbing a piece of chicken with her fork , angrily as she muttered something .

'Didn't get asked it seems '

(Y/n) thought as she reached out to grab a cream puff , maybe two or three of it , and continued on with her meal like any normal student should be doing instead of worrying over some stupid ball .

"Now was that tray of eclair's ? It was somewhere around here a moment ago "

(Y/n) mumbled worried as she continuously searched for the dessert , a pair of eyes starring at her figure as she searched .

___________________________________

Holding onto her quill , a sherbert lemon in her mouth , (Y/n) scribbled down the notes from charms as copied down Wendy's notes . Wendy sat next to her , eyes glaring holes into her head as she kept on telling (Y/n) she had to start buckling up or else she'll be destined to fail her N.E.W.T's .

"Yeah , yeah . I know , so could you pass me the bag of sherbert lemons now ? The one in my mouth is about to get swallowed . "

(Y/n) mumbled , her free hand reaching out for the bag that she was expecting . However , she never felt the weight of the bag being placed on her hand .

She sighed , " Wendy , you know how I can't function without a sweet in my mouth during the afternoon . I'll pratically become a lifeless doll . "

Wendy didn't respond , which ticked (Y/n) off since she didn't like it when she was denied of food .

She opened her mouth , wanting to say something about Wendy's behaviour , when a tap on her shoulder made her shut her mouth and slowly turning around . There in front of her stood a Hufflepuff boy , a fourth year by the looks of it , twitching as he looked down at the ground nervously .