Useless

***Aaron's P.O.V.***

My mate shoves me out of the way in time for a gun to go off. I didn't even see the man pull a gun, but I guess she did. She pushed me out of the way so she got shot instead of me.

The smell of her blood fills the air and my wolf and I see red. They hurt her, possibly even killed her. She's not going to die if I can help it, but I know someone who will

I feel a dull throbbing in my abdomen that can only be my mate's pain. If we'd have mated before this, it would have felt worse for me, but it'll be nothing compared to how she feels.

From behind, one of the rogues had shifted back into human form and jumped on my back. I buck and try to twist my head enough to snap at him, butcan't quite do it. Seconds after I realize I can't get to him, I feel something stab into my neck. At first nothing happens. Then, my wolf slowly recedes back inside me without me shifting back on my own. Once back as a human, all but two of the rogues grab onto me.

I snarl and try to pull loose from our attackers. From the corner of my eye, I see Terra's legs buckle and collapse under her. I try to call to my wolf, but I can't feel him anymore. Somehow, these beasts created a syrum to isolate the wolf side from our human side.

I continue to struggle, but it's seven to one. This isn't a battle I can win alone, but my backup hasn't gotten here yet. What is taking them so long anyways?

The same guy who injected me with something, walks to my girl lying motionless on the ground, other than her shallow breathing. I scream a lot of things at the man and when he gives something to her, I lose it.

"Terra! Wake up! Stay with me!" She shifts back, like I did, and I growl loudly at the fact that she doesn't have any clothes on. The guy next to her takes a shirt and slips it over her head, not bothering to be careful with her as he does so.

"How does it feel?" My head snaps in the direction of the guy who shot her. "We'll take care of her." He smirks and I glare in response. "She's quite the looker too. Maybe my boss won't mind if we have a little fun with her first. Heck, he doesn't have to know." I try to lunge at the man, but the others hold me back.

"You do anything to her and I swear I'll kill you."

"You'll kill me anyways so your promise is worthless." He states, a blank look crossing his features as he turns to address the only another guy not currently holding me back from ripping the man to shreds. "Come on, we should go before the others find us. They're already taking down the decoys and will be here shortly. They didn't last as long as we first thought."

"Dale, you wanna carry her or should I?" A weird smile makes its way onto Dale's face.

"I'll do it." I growl and he chuckles, coming to stand right in my face. "I'm gonna have to thank that red-head when we get back. I never thought she'd be useful." Is he talking about April? "I can gaurentee we'll meet again and when we do, I hope you're ready to die." Dale takes my mate into his arms and smirks in my direction before leaning down and placing his lips against hers. Even without my wolf, I start to shake in anger. "See you later lad." Dale states, walking off in in the direction of our border like he's going for a casual stroll.

Expecting the rest of the men to let go of me, I brace myself for an attack on their part, but they release me quickly and make a run for it. I try to follow them, but find my extra abilities have also been blocked. I don't have any of my speed, scense of smell, hearing or vision I once had. I bet I don't even have my strength. Frustrated, I send my fist through the nearest tree, splintering the wood instead of breaking it like it normally would have. My knuckles throb painfully, but it's better than the feeling of my mate being taken away from me and I couldn't stop it.