Alpha

***Terra's P.O.V.***

I wake up, feeling up toasty warm and definitely dry compared to last night. My back is pressed flush against my mate's chest with one of his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. The other, I just realized, is under my head and being used as a pillow. You would think it would be uncomfortable, but he obviously doesn't mind.

In front of me, the fire is now just a bunch of glowing embers. The actually fire probably went out a while ago, but with having slept with another person, the combined body heat should keep us warm for a while longer. I tilt my head slightly to the side and see Jess cuddled into Jay's chest, much like I am. If it were't for the situation we're currently in, I would tease her about how cute the two of them look.

Ben and Naomi are next to them and I notice the steady rise and fall of her chest. She's no longer shivering and actually looks like she's peacefully sleeping instead of having passed out. Now, some would say that  there isn't a difference in the facial expressions, but I notice the little difference. That means they're wrong.

April and Hank are on the other side of me and I can say I'm a little surprised. His arm is extended and under his head as a makeshift pillow and the other is carelessly thrown over my friend's stomach from the outside of the blanket. She is lying on the rest of the extended part of his arm and has both of her hands pressed to his bare chest. They actually look really cute! I know how awkward she felt about having to partner up with Hank, but I believe him when he said he wouldn't look.

And then there's Damon. I honestly forgot about him. Is that a sign of a bad person? Eh, I was tired so I'm gonna answer my own question with a no. He's curled up in a ball literally right next to the fire. I start to feel bad for him, but then remember all the thing's he's said to me and all the sorry feelings are gone. I wouldn't wish him dead, but having him suffer just a little will hopefully help with his huge ego.

A kiss placed on my temple has me tilt my head up to look at my mate's face. He's smiling lazily down at me and his hair is mussed from sleep. His gorgeous grey eyes are partially hidden behind his lowered lids, but I can see just by his eyes how much he cares for me already, even after knowing each other for such a short time. If I do say so, he looks sexy in the morning. If this is what I can look forward to by living with him, then sign me up.

He smirks and I realize I didn't block my thought from him. Shit, that means he heard everything. I blame it on being too early to remember.

"Morning Angel." He mumbles so not to wake any of the others. I smile up at him before rolling over so that I face him.

"Hey hot stuff." There's no denying it. My mate is incredibly hot. He's got all the looks of a male model and he's all mine. Plus he loves me for who I am and not that I'm the princess.

He smile transforms into a smirk, making mine falter slightly. He's planning something.

Before I can asks, he leans in and captures my lips with his. I don't waste any time and lift my arms from under the blanket to wrap around his neck and pull him closer. His hands travel lightly from my shoulders, down my back where he traces a few patterns to finish on my hips. I smile against his lips and he takes the chance to stick his tongue in my mouth. His taste invades my mouth and I hold back a moan. He pulls my hips until they're against his and my eyes fly open. His black eyes meet mine and I know I'm looking at those of his wolf. Pulling out of the kiss, I rest my forehead against his and close my eyes. Taking a breath, I try to calm my erratically beating heart.

"We can't." I say, the words coming soft and breathless. He growls softly, but it's out of frustration. Trust me when I say I actually want to. My wolf has been bugging me about it and it's getting harder to deny her. In fact, I'm even starting to agree with her. I love him and the only reason I'm waiting is because of the horrible timing.