Rainy Date

***Terra's P.O.V.***

I jump down the front steps and turn to see if Kenny is following. She's stepping carefully down the stairs in her heels as to not fall.

"I can't believe I let you talk me into wearing heels." She mumbles and I smile.

"Come on." I take her hand and pull her around to the side of the house where they park their cars.

I click a button on the car keys, making the lights on a sleek, black Camaro blink.

"Wow." Is all she says before carefully sliding inside and onto the push leather seat.

"I know." I insert the key into the ignition and love the feel of the engine coming to life.

I pull out of the long driveway and begin making my way to our destination. After a few minutes of silence, McKenna clears her throat.

"Um, I'm just wondering, but do you have your license?" I give her an innocent look and she sighs. "I shouldn't have asked."

I turn my eyes back to the road and smile to myself. Just because I don't have a license doesn't mean I can't drive a car. If I can wire a few cars in my time as a rogue then I can certainly handle driving one. I swear, no one has any faith in my skills. It's insulting.

After driving for another ten minutes, we start to see sights of civilization. Houses are spaced fairly far apart, but as we get closer to the center of town, they become closer together with less trees and foliage in between them. In another few minutes, we hit the rest of the town. Shops and houses line both sides of the street and neon signs burn bright against the night sky in a variety of fluorescent colors. We passed a small school earlier near the beginning of town. I think it might be a school with both humans and Weres.

I turn into a small lot outside of the bowling alley. The place looks recently painted with a giant bowling ball and pins painted above the door. The sign on a tall pole by the road says, Leisure Lanes in loopy, red letters.

I park in a newly painted parking space and turn off the car. I run my hands over the steering wheel and sigh.

"I absolutely love this car." I whisper.

McKenna unbuckles her seatbelt and turns towards me in her seat.

"Do I really have to in there looking like this?" She asks in a whiney voice.

"You look great so I don't know why you're complaining. Now get your butt out of the car and into that building before I make you."

"Pushy much?" She asks before opening her door and standing up outside.

I smile in victory and make my way to the front door with her trailing behind me at a slower pace.

I pull open the door and am hit with a blast of cool air from the ac inside.

~Hey, so I'll get the shoes and you can go do something... like go to the bathroom.

I'm not some stereotypical girl... but I'll be right back.

I laugh as she hurries her way to the women’s restroom.

Turning back to the front counter, I catch the guy behind the desk looking at me, but as soon as he caught me looking, he quickly looked away.

I hear him swallow nervously and I fight back a smile. Humans are funny. They can't keep their eyes to themselves.

I hear the sound of a car pulling into the lot and I walk to the doors to look out. A yellow hummer just pulled in next to the Camaro and Taylor jumps out about a minute later. He smiles in my direction and I give him a small wave.