My luck ends here...

Rick Malambri as Terra's Mate --------------------------------------------------------------------------->

***Terra's Mate's P.O.V.***

The only thing I can do is stare at my Alpha, unable to fully comprehend what he just said.

"What are you talking about Jordan? I didn't think Dream Walkers existed." He shakes his head before meeting my gaze again.

"Your mate is special." He looks at Jay. "Leave." Jay reluctantly get up and leaves. I know he wants to hear what our alpha has to say about my mate, but he can't disobey a direct order.

"What does special include?" I ask, my wolf getting a little impatient. He wants his mate and we don't know where she is or if she's safe.

"I have heard stories about people being able to project themselves out of their own body while they're sleeping. I think that's what we saw at The Lake. There's a story about a pack that once existed-"

"What do you mean 'once'?" I interrupt him to ask.

"Please, let me finish with no interruptions." He gives me a pointed look and continues. "This story is about a huge pack, that was said to have special powers that any normal werewolf wouldn't have. It's not known how they came to have their gifts, but no one ever questioned it. There might have been hundreds of them or just one hundred, no one knows for sure, but because they were supposedly a big pack, they lived in a vast territory what is known today as Italy.

They were faster and stronger than a normal Werewolf, but coexisted peacefully with the neighboring packs pretty well. Their Alpha, Marcus, was a kindhearted, but determined man with the intention of always putting his pack first before himself and if need be, he would die to protect it. He signed peace treaties with many others and eased the tension of other packs that were worried about being taken over. Marcus had no intention of abusing the power that his pack had. For a few generations, all the packs got along. Like today, there were some hunter problems, but they were taken care of before they caused too many issues.

That is, until a few packs joined with the hunters because they thought that the powers of the pack in Italy were unnatural for werewolves and planned to kill them all." I hold my breath to stop a multitude of questions from pouring out of my mouth. "They planned an attack for a few months and when the time came, they killed every man, woman and child to prevent their powers from even being passed down to future generations."

"If they killed every person in the pack, then how is it that my mate could have their power?" I ask him, unable to stop it from coming out of my mouth.

"I would guess that some had hidden or escaped before the attack started and survived. Their children would have inherited their parents gifts and the line with the special power could be continued. Your mate is probably a decendant of one of these people."

"If there was more than one family that esacped, does that mean there are others like her?"

"Yes." He says slowly. "I have met one other person with such talents." He stops talking and looks out the window.

"Is this how you know so much about it?"

"I spent quite a bit of time with him. He told me the story and helped me to understand the concept of such a person existing. He was a great person and I became good friends with him."

Even though I don't want to hear the answer, I force the words out of my mouth.

"What happened to him, J?"

"The Hunters heard what he was capable of and captured him. They tortured him to make him do what they wanted, but he kept refusing. Eventually, they killed him, knowing that he was a waste of time and that he wasn't going to help him no matter what they did to him." His expression is hard. "They killed him for no reason, but I guess that's just what hunters do."