It Should Rain More Often

***Terra's P.O.V.***

I close my eyes and bask in the feel of being in his arms, leaning into him. With my cheek pressed against his chest, I feel his small growl of satisfaction rumble directly in my ear. I smile to myself and realize how much I missed his touch.

"Aw! You guys are adorable together!"

My mate instantly stiffens and pushes me behind him while turning around in a protective crouch, putting himself between me and what he thinks is a threat.

Bryn seems to be rethinking her outburst and has her hands over her mouth like a kid who just said something bad in front of her parents.

"Maybe I shouldn't have said anything." She states and I roll my eyes. My mate is still in front of me, ready to protect me from a girl who I've been like sisters with for months now, but i guess he doesn't know that.

I lightly place my hand on his shoulder, expecting him to calm down some, but instead he pulls me flush against his side with his arm wrapped protectively around my waist. I make a surprised sound, but other than that everything is quiet.

"Uh, Bryn, maybe you should go and get the others and I'll meet up with you later."  I tell her and at the same time I'm silently begging her to leave and not ruin everything I worked up the nerve to do.

My mate's head moves to look down at me as he stands to his full height, thanks to our height difference, his eyes slightly widened in question. I can see him keeping tabs on Bryn in his peripheral vision though.

"You know her?" I nod, not sure what else to say. "And there are others?" I nod again, but this time more hesitantly. "How many more?" He demands softly, his features relaxing some as he looks into my eyes.

"Uh, three... five all together including me."

He tightens his grip around me, not that is hurts, but enough so that I can't go anywhere if I tried. I honestly wouldn't if I was able to. I came back to him because I wanted to and I'm not about to leave him like I did the first time.

 "You're mine, not one of them." He all but growls out.

Normally I would be offended to be referred to as someone else's, but I kinda like it coming from him. Is that normal?

 It's sexy.

 My wolf purrs and I can't help but agree with her for once.

A smile twitches at the corner of my mate's mouth and I give him a questioning look. He simply answers by lightly tapping his finger against my temple. I'm probably flushing bright red because I realize that he read my thoughts through our mate link. God, that's embarrassing. How could I forget about that? I guess it's because I didn't accept him as my mate at first in order to protect him, but now that I have we have the ability to read each other's thoughts.

He places a kiss on the top of my head and turns back toward Bryn, partially glaring and partially with a ook of question. She's still standing awkwardly a little ways away.

 "I- uh- I'll go and meet up with you a little later T. I'll be that way." She jerks her thumb over her shoulder before slowly backing away and out of sight.

I stare after her, actually, more like glare in that particular direction for leaving me alone with all these people that I don't know.

"Don't worry, we won't bite." I hear the afterthought of him saying he might bite a little... all I have to say to that is a big fat 'oh'.

I clear my throat after a few more seconds of just being held and try to pull away from him. It isn't what I want to do, but it's weird being so close to him with other people watching us. I've never been one for public shows of affection. Plus, it's still snowing and I'm starting to freeze in my current attire.