Chapter 43 - Sun's Dilemma

Sun's POV

I carefully thought if it will be wise to open Bank's message, just as I was about to open the message my phone started ringing and it was a call from Copper. He initially called in to tell me that he made it to his commitment but it seems that he really wanted to know how I am doing after seeing Inn after the incident. What's funny is the way he is asking questions, I can sense that he's a bit nervous because he doesn't want me to know his real intention.

"I'm okay Copper and don't worry because I still love you the same" I said.

He was quiet after I said those words and I felt that he smiled after. He said he needed to go but I can feel the joy in his voice. I opened the message of Bank, and it says

"P' Sun, I'm sorry for the way I acted during the dinner. I didn't mean to cause any harm but what I said in the library is true. If I would have a man for a partner it should be someone like you or better yet it has to be you"

I appreciate the fact that he apologized after what happened, but I still think that he is being crazy just like what Tum said.

I finished unpacking my stuff and I was ready to take a quick nap but was interrupted when Inn knocked on my door. He invited me to have lunch as his mom prepared food for us. At first I was hesitant because I'm still not sure of how to react around Inn after everything that happened. I went out of my room and saw a lot of food on the table.

"Mom cooked everything" said Inn.

"How are your parents by the way?" I asked.

"They both are okay. I've talked to them about breaking the engagement with Fae" replied Inn.

"Why are you doing that?" I answered.

"It's going to be unfair for her if she marries me then all along I only loved her because of losing my memories" said Inn.

"You have to think carefully about this Inn. I know your parents just want what's best for you" I replied.

"I knew this is exactly how you'll react, but this time I just want to be able to make my own decision" Inn answered.

I somehow felt pity towards Inn and that's no because of what we had before but because as a friend I want him to be happy.

"So how have you been coping up right after remembering everything?" I asked.

"Well it's still a big adjustment especially now that I wake up every day knowing that I cannot call you mine. It makes me sad because I lost the one person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with but at the same time I'm also happy because it's Copper that you chose. He may have an ice cold personality on the outside, but when it comes to the people he loves he can be the warmest person that you'll ever know. He'll do whatever it takes to protect those that he loves. Don't worry about me Sun. I'm going to be okay. It will take time, but I'm sure that I'll be fine. What matters is that you are happy and that you have forgiven me" answered Inn.

Somehow tears are forming in my eyes as I hear his answer. I thought I've completely moved on but it seems that somehow I still get affected by Inn. I managed to wipe my eyes before he can look at me. I just returned a warm smile to Inn saying "We're still friends Inn. I'm sure Copper feels the same. We may not be able to bring back the past but we can rekindle the friendship and closeness that we had back then"

Inn smiled after hearing what I said. We started eating and barely had enough time to finish everything as I received a message from P'Chai stating that there has been an emergency assembly called for all the participants and people involved with the Moon and Star Competition. Inn received the same message so we needed to get ready to attend the assembly. I sent a message to Copper letting him know about the message I received.