Chapter 10 - The moment my heart skipped a beat

In's POV

I haven't talked to Sun since he left. It's not because I'm angry or what, but because I really don't know if I should bring our friendship to the next level. I'm still afraid of what will happen if my parents and when everyone discovers about us. After my talk with Nate, somehow I got the courage to ask Sun if I can court him, but the big problem is how can I tell him? I was overthinking about this when I received a message from Sun saying "Good Morning In! I'm already with my friend and we are having breakfast now since I wasn't able to eat at home. I know you're still sleeping so just message me when you wake up." I quickly thought of what I should reply. I was lost in my thought when I heard Nate calling me. I decided to reply after we eat breakfast since I have to clearly think of what to tell Sun.

Nate: So have you talked to Sun?

Me: Not yet. I'm still thinking what to tell him.

Nate: Just be sincere and straight to the point. By the way, have your parents told you that you will be coming with us to Pattaya. We will visit my family and pay respect to my grandmother.

Me: Uhm not yet. When are we going to leave?

Nate: I believe it will be 3 days from now.

Me: Shit! I have to get going Nate. I have to tell Sun how I feel before we go.

Nate: Go In! Say hi to N'Sun for me.

I don't have a choice, I would like to stay here and be with Sun, but my parents already decided and I have to pay respect to Nate's grandmother. Our families have always been close. It's something that I really have to do, but before we go I have to tell Sun how I really feel. Pattaya is almost 4 hours away from Bangkok and I wouldn't be able to see my Sun while I'm there. This is it! I have to tell Sun, it's all or nothing. I may not be able to ask him if he wants me to be his boyfriend, but at least I can express my intention that I want to date him officially.

Without any hesitation, I sent a message to Sun saying "Good Morning Sun! I've been awake since 9:00 AM. I just finished eating breakfast. Are you busy? Can we meet? I have something important to tell you. Just tell me where you are and I'll go there." After sending the message I went to the bathroom to get ready.

Sun's POV

Apo and I are having fun while we are remembering our childhood memories. He's older than me, but he always play with me. He was really close to me to the point that my parents even thought of him as their other son. Sometimes they even treat him better and it makes me jealous, but as long as I have Apo with me I don't really mind. He's someone I don't want to lose, yet we are just friends. Some people are even thinking that we are in a relationship because of how close we are. I was having fun when I realized that someone sent me a message, to my surprise it's the person who have been missing since the day I left their house:

In: "Good Morning Sun! I've been awake since 9:00 AM. I just finished eating breakfast. Are you busy? Can we meet? I have something important to tell you. Just tell me where you are and I'll go there."

I don't know what came up that made him want to see me, but who cares, I'll see him after two days. I can't stop smiling and Apo noticed and he started teasing me.

Apo: Oy, my best friend is smiling like there's no tomorrow. Did something happen?

Me: Well I will have to meet In today, he will go here. Are you okay with that?

Apo: No need to worry. I guess I'll go to the hotel first and take some rest. You can just call me once you are done so we can have dinner. You can also ask him if he wants to tag along.