Chapter 9 - Happiness from the Past

In's POV

After Sun left, Nate asked me to accompany her as she would need to buy stuff for her relatives. As much as I want to stay at home and play all day, my parents told me that I should accompany her. We went to the mall, we ate lunch and we had Ice Cream before going home. She bought a lot of stuff. She also bought something for me and for Sun, a couple shirt.

"I can see it in your eyes that Sun is so special for you. It's the same spark that I saw when we we're together back then" exclaimed Nate while we are waiting for our Ice Cream

"How did you know?" I was surprised with what she said.

"I know you In, you always lock yourself in your room whenever you're alone. Even when your parents are there you stay in the room. You rarely go out, but now you've changed into someone who's outgoing. You smile a lot now and I can feel that it's because of Sun." Nate responded.

"We started really bad, I was one of those who bully Sun and his friends. When I needed some company because the bullies that I thought are friends neglected me, Sun welcomed me into their group. He showed me genuine kindness. He makes me want to be a better person." I replied. "But..."

"But what?" Nate exclaimed.

"I don't know if I'm ready to take this to the next level. I'm afraid of what will happen when my parents find out. What about society, what about our friends? I don't want anything bad to happen to him." I answered in a sad tone.

"It's totally to okay to feel afraid In. Society have set standards and beliefs that they live by every day, but what matters is that you and Sun are happy. For as long as you're not hurting anyone, just do whatever it is that makes you happy. For your parents, I'm sure at first they will be shocked, but I'm sure that they will understand and of course they will realize that you became a better person because of Sun. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't accept Sun."

Nate replied trying to encourage me.

"Thank you Nate". I said.

Sun's POV

I woke up around 6:30 in the morning. I checked my phone and still no message from In. It's too early, maybe he is still sleeping. I have to trust him. I sent him a good morning message in Line. I also received a message from my friend, he says he is almost near and he cannot wait to see me. After seeing that he is near, I jumped out of bed and went straight to the bathroom to take a bath. It took me 30 minutes to get ready mainly because I don't really have an idea what to wear. I sent my friend a message saying I'm on my way to our meeting place.

I arrived at our meeting place, I was the first to arrive and I was catching my breath as I ran to make sure that I'll be on time. I looked around and he's still not here. Well that is good. I can rest for a bit. I was about to send him a message when I heard someone say.. "Hi Sun! I'm here. I missed you!" I turned around and it was him, my best friend. He is wearing a blue green v-neck shirt and a white jacket that he's about to remove because of the scorching sun. He's finally here.