Chapter 26 - The day I said goodbye

Sun's POV

"In is already awake" said Nate as she entered Copper's room.

We're all caught off guard and maybe because we didn't expect In to wake up right away but nonetheless it's a good thing. We all decided to go to In's room and all that was left with Copper was P' Apo and P' Wai.

I was the last one to enter the room and I can see P' Wai running from behind. It seems that he remembers everyone since he called their names one by one. I felt relieved because I feared that he will not remember anything after the accident. I thought everything is just fine, but when In saw me his one sentence shattered my world once again... "Who are you?"

Everyone inside In's room became quiet after hearing what he said. They're all confused as to why In doesn't remember me. I was there petrified because I'm not sure how to react or what to do. I calmed myself down and said "I'm Sun, one of your friends. Don't you remember?"

I was hoping that he is just messing around with me. I wish he is just teasing me and that he remembers me. I stood there waiting for his answer and yet I waited for another heartbreak as he answered "I'm sorry I don't remember anyone by the name of Sun"

I turned my back and started walking out of his room dumbfounded. I know Oh and my friends are calling me but what keeps on playing in my head are the two sentences that I never thought I would hear from In... "Who are you" and "I'm sorry I don't remember anyone by the name of Sun." I fell on my knees as soon as I walked out of his room. I was helped by P' Wai to get up and he guided me to Copper's room.

When we arrive near Copper's room he guided me to seat at the bench outside of the room and he quickly ran to Copper's room. "In... He... Doesn't remember Sun" that's all I heard from P' Wai and just like that P' Apo ran towards my direction and hugged me without the need for any explanation.

Copper soon followed P'Apo, I can see that he still is not 100% okay but he managed to get up and walked towards my direction. "Do you want to go somewhere?" asked Copper. Both P' Apo and P' Wai are surprised with what Copper said.

"Can you take me home?" I answered.

"Give me 5 Minutes. I'll just prepare" replied Copper.

"It's okay Copper, I can take Sun home and you need to rest so leave it to me" said P' Apo.

"It's okay P' besides I want to go home and rest in my room" answered Copper.

"Okay then, I will take both of you home" said P' Wai. "Apo stay here for now, I'll be back after driving them home"

I'm still stupefied with everything that's happening. I'll leave everything for now because what matters is In is safe. I just have to think of ways on how to make him remember me. As much as I'm in pain but I have to be strong somehow. I'm not going to let him forget about me. Copper came out of his room, he looks okay but I know he's still not 100%. I walked beside him and allowing him to lean on me as we walk.

P' Wai drove us to Copper's house and I insisted on staying for the night so I can take care of him. It's my little way of showing my gratitude for he has done for me and In. We were welcomed by P' Som and his mae who looks surprised seeing Copper like this. As we sat on the living room Copper explained everything to his mae.

After dinner we went to his room right away, I'm still thinking about how I can make In remember me until I saw a calendar on top or Copper's study desk and I realized that tomorrow will be the regional meet and too bad In won't be able to represent our school. "I know you're not okay, you've been holding up and trying to be strong but if you want to let it all out you can always tell me. I'm just here to listen" said Copper.