Chapter 11 - Friendship, Love and all that's in between

Sun's POV

"You!" I heard P'Apo and In saying it while staring at each other. I'm surprised what lead them to having the same reaction. Do they know each other? I didn't hesitated and blurted all of a sudden "What's going on here?" as I gave both of them a stern look.

In: I was running earlier because I don't want to be late and because the store where I bought the bouquet closes around 1:00 PM I needed to run, I wasn't paying attention and bumped into him.

Apo: I fell on the ground and sustained a minor sprain in my right wrist because of the fall. It could've been nice if you said sorry!

I can feel tension starting to arise as both of them is looking at each other like kids who will fight for a toy. I coughed and they both looked at me and I said "P' this is In the person I'm talking about and In, this is P'apo my best friend and someone I consider as my older brother."

There was an awkward silence for quite sometime, I was trying to gauge whether I should start the conversation or I should stay quiet like them.

In: I'm sorry P'. I didn't mean to bump into you and causing that sprain in your wrist.

Apo let out a small smile and said "It's okay Nong. I wouldn't have guessed that you are in a rush because you don't want Sun to wait long."

The tension seems to be gone and I can already see both them starting to smile about what happened. I did notice that Apo's wrist is covered with an elastic bandage; I am worried that it might affect his swimming. He was never the sporty one when we were young. He isn't even this buffed when I last saw him. If I didn't know him any better I would've thought that he is a totally different person. Apo saw my worried face as I look at his wrist.

Apo: It's okay Sun, it's just a minor sprain. It's far from the heart and I've already done first aid. I just have to restrain too much pressure and movement from this wrist. It should heal real soon.

In: I'm really sorry P'. Do you want to go to the hospital? We can take you there.

I felt happy that In is showing his caring side to Apo. I really want them to get along because they are both important for me. Apo said he was okay and told In that he doesn't need to worry. He looked at me and saw that I was wearing a ring, he then looked at In who was wearing the same ring and he started teasing both of us.

Apo: Oy! Am I going to be a best man real soon?

In: "Not yet P'!" After realizing what he said, In corrected himself right away. "No P'! It's just a promise ring that will remind me that I will never ever leave Sun. We are not rushing things; I want everything to be perfect so I will start with courting Sun properly."

Apo smiled after hearing what In said then his face became serious, smile faded and I can see seriousness through his eyes. "Make sure you won't hurt Sun because if you do I don't care where you are. I will find you and beat the crap out of you." He said. In and I were both surprised with what he said. I looked at In and he doesn't seem to be fazed at all.

"No need to worry P'. Hurting Sun or making him sad is the last thing that I will do, you can count on me!" In replied as he extended his hand in front of Apo. "Well then, you have my approval." Apo responded now back to his smiling face, he reached out and they shook hands.

In: Sun, before I forget. We'll be leaving the day after tomorrow. My family will go to Pattaya to pay respect to Nate's late grandmother. We might stay there for a week or two. Do you want to join us? I haven't talked to my parents, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind.

Sun: I have to politely decline the invitation In. I promised my aunt that I'll be spending time with her and besides, no one will accompany Apo while he's here. His family also lives in Chiang Mai so he doesn't know anyone here. I also want you to spend time with your mom and dad.

There was sadness in the face of In after I declined his offer. I will miss In, but I have to give him time and spend it with his family. He always wanted to spend time with his parents and I know this is the best time to do it. After seeing sadness on In's face, I held his hand and said "You better give me a call every day In!" His face beamed with happiness after hearing what I said. We finished eating, Apo has to go back to his hotel because he will meet with our school's headmaster and talk about their plans for our swimming team. In have to go home because he needs to prepare his stuff for their trip and as for me I really have to go to bed; it has been a very long day.

We are walking towards the parking lot of the mall, we will send In first because his parents is waiting for him in their car. In was walking in my right and Apo was in my left. We are nearing the parking lot when I felt In hugged me then he said "I'm going to miss you Sun! Please take care of yourself when I'm far away." I was really surprised with what he did. I can feel my heart beat really fast and without me realizing I also hugged In and replied "I will miss you too In! Please be careful while you are there and don't look for someone else" I tried to crack that joke because I can feel In is sad about us having to be away from each other.

In then turned to Apo and said "P', please take care of my Sun while I'm away." Apo just nodded and grinned. We parted ways and that ended my very long day.

=====================================================

Author's Note

I honestly like how In is becoming comfortable with showing Sun how he feels. 

This is totally different than the series, but I believe Sun deserves this so I hope you guys like this version of In.

Are we going to witness any problems while our In-Sun is far away from each other. 

You guys might be wondering how Sun and Apo became really close, I might do a flashback of their story soon. Let me know what you guys think.

I hope  you like this chapter.