Chapter 42 - Tum and Bank (Part 2)

Copper's POV

Bank is weirdly talkative right now. He keeps on asking my friends about KU. He is also initiating small talks with Sun. P' Jun came in with the food prepared by my mom. The food was really good, I didn't knew that Mom is really good at cooking. "Now I know why Copper is also good at cooking" said Sun. "He must've gotten the talent from you Auntie" he added.

Mom looked at me and asked me if I want to help her cook tomorrow and I said yes without having any second thought. This will be a good time for us to bond over something we both love doing. Uncle Moe said that he'd love to join us but he'll be out of town to join a medical conference in Pattaya.

Sun was stopped after hearing Pattaya. I guess somehow he's still affected by Inn, I grabbed his hand and squeezed it lightly to let him know that I'm just here and that he don't need to worry about anything.

Bank turned to me and he asked how Sun and I met. Mom seemed to be interested in knowing how it all began so after I got the nod from Sun, I started telling them our story. Mom seemed to enjoy the story but I decided to stop on the part of Inn and Sun because I know it will remind Sun of Inn and the pain he had to go through which is something that I don't want to happen.

We continued eating dinner and everything seemed normal, or so I thought. After Bank finished eating, he stood up and said "Now I can see why my brother likes you. You're smart, kind and not to mention the cutest thing on Earth" I stood up and stared at Bank. I can feel Sun holding my hand stopping me from what I'm about to do. "I guess what I'm trying to say is you'll be a perfect addition to this unconventional family of ours P' Sun"

He walked out of the dining area and went straight to his room. I looked at mom and I can see a concerned look at her face. I guaranteed her that she doesn't need to worry about anything. I looked at Sun and he doesn't seem to be affected by what happened.

"I'm sorry P's. He's just being the crazy brother that he is. I hope you didn't take anything personally P'Sun" said Tum.

"I'm fine. I think you're right. He's just joking around" Sun replied.

After eating dinner, Sun and I accompanied mom to her room. As we entered their room, Uncle Moe is seen to be preparing his stuff for the conference. When he saw us he said "I'd love to send you guys off tomorrow, but I'll be needing to leave tonight because the conference is set at 9AM and I don't want to be late"

"Thank you for having us Uncle Moe" I replied.

"Please, you can call me dad. Not that I'm forcing you to, but we are a family now Copper. Your mom and I have been talking about it for a while, you are always welcome here well both of you. Whatever is important to your mom and whoever she loves, I'll treat them as important and I'll also love them. It's not important whether you and I are blood related, but what matters is you'll have a father figure in me and always remember that okay?" said Uncle Moe.

I was touched with what Uncle Moe said and from that moment on I realized how much she loved my mom. I also realized for being wrong hating Uncle Moe even before I met him. I was pushed by Sun as he giggles "Come on! I know you wanted a hug from him. Go!"

I was hugged by Uncle Moe but was released for a bit as he signaled Sun to join us. "Both of you are always welcome here, but as much as I love hugging you guys, but I have to go. Please take care of yourself Sun and also take care of my son here" said Uncle Moe,

"I will Uncle. Please take care as well" replied Sun.

As Uncle Moe left mom was holding a box and she requested Sun if he can give us a few minutes together to which Sun politely obliged.