Chapter 43 (Finale)

Baekhyun's POV

Beep.....Beep.....Beep...

I heard distinct voices whispering. My body felt like it was made of lead. My head felt horrible and my mouth felt like I had cotton in it.

Forcing my eyes open, I hissed at the bright light and squinted to adjust.

A figure came over me "Here, drink" I grabbed the cup and immediately felt more energized from the liquid.

I focused more on the silhouette realizing it was Dr. Zhang. Memories came flushing back and I clutched my stomach in a panic "Where's my baby!?"

I looked at him with tears running down my eyes "I-is he dead?" The doctor shook his head "No, he is in intensive care right now? Would you like to see him?"

My eyebrows scrunched up with my face "I-intensive care?" What's wrong with my baby? Why cant I hold him? Thoughts kept racing through my head.

"Yes you're child is a premie, he was born fairly early and his lungs arent fully developed, they have him on an oxygen tank till he can breathe by himself properly" He explained "I'm sure he will be okay, other than his lungs hes a perfectly healthy little baby boy-" The door opened revealing chanyeol.

His eyes went wide, sprinting over to my bed "Y-youre awake" He made a tired smile "Do you feel alright? Do you need something? Our little star is so adorable" He cupped my face "I'm so sorry, it's all my fault"

I touched his hand "No, it's not, dont feel sorry" We stayed silent like that "I-is she okay?" I asked scared. The last memory I had of her is when she hit her head on the table. Did I kill her?

"Who? Yoona?" His face twisted up in disgust. My eyes looked down in embarrassment "Yeah, What if I killed her? What about her baby?" My face turned to guilt.

He rubbed my shoulders "Dont worry, she was taken into custody, the baby......" His frown turned into a smile "Its a baby girl, my baby girl" His smile was so bright he could blind someone "D-do you wanna see them?" He asked.

I nodded "Mhm" He carefully helped me out of bed, working around the chords attached to me. I plopped down in the wheelchair Dr. Zhang brought up to me already tired from only a couple of steps.

As Chanyeol pushed me through the maternity ward I felt jealous of parents who were leaving with their baby's today. Who could hold their child and give them dozens of kisses. I was jealous.

When we arrived in the NICU it was a drastic difference. It was so quiet, almost deafening. The only sound was little beeps coming from monitors and the sound of oxygen machines pumping air.

He stopped when we entered a room full of little incubators. He pointed to the two on the end "There they are" I could hear the satisfaction in his voice.

He pushed me over there and tears dropped like a dam broke. They were so tiny, so fragile. On their little beds it only says 'Park' as a sign of who they are.

"I.......um...I didn't want to name them until you woke up, even though you arent her mother.....I-"

"I am her mother, just as your mother took in Sehun, I will do the same, she's precious" I looked as she slept. There was a noticable difference in the babies but they both had the ears of their father.

"You name her, I'll name him, even as her adoptive mother I still want to give you a chance to name your child" I concluded. It was also the excuse that I'd never thought of girl names, it was bad enough I gave Chelsea an American name.

"Okay......." he paused "What about.......Joo-Hyun?" Park Joo-Hyun "Beautiful" I replied. "Park Joo-Hyun and Park Yeojun" The names rolled off my tongue as I smiled.

I love you
____________________________________

*silently cries* this book means alot to me and im so sad to end it. I thank all of you for supporting my book and I love you guys!!!! I'll probably post the Sequel tomorrow or sometime next week. Love you guys!!!!