Chapter 32

Baekhyun's POV

"Kyungsoo?" I called out, my voice sounding raspy and cold. "Baek!? Baek I don't know what to do!!" His voice was frantic and cracked.

I rubbed my face trying to focus "Soo what happened?" I asked hoping he'd answer quick. His breaths just became more panicked the more he tried to explain. I sighed lightly before interrupting him "Soo, I need you to calm down and tell me what happened"

After a couple of minutes I heard him taking deep breaths before he said "They said nini flatlined" My whole demeanor changed after hearing those words. I thought for a moment "Look I'll tell one of Chanyeol's drivers to come pick you up, I don't want you driving by yourself"

Kyungsoo cried "I can't Baek! I cant!" I shook my head "Why can't you Kyungsoo!? You need to see Kai!"

I was frustrated, His fiance may be dead but he says he can't go see him. But then the words that he said next made everything clear and I paled from fear.

"I think my water broke"

I quickly thought of some solutions before answering "Look Kyungsoo calm down, make sure you don't stress the baby, call the ambulance, do not drive there!"

I heard him sniffle before muttering an okay. I took deep breath "Luhan and I will get there as soon as possible, remember stay calm so the baby isn't stressed"

"I-i Will, please hurry I can't do this alone" he said before ending the call. I quickly ran to Luhan and Sehun's room to see Sehun sleeping and Luhan missing. I shook Sehun a wake "Sehun! Where's Luhan!?"

He grunted turning to me with his eyes still shut "Check the kitchen" He said tiredly. I nodded running downstairs only to see Luhan eating some leftover cookies. "Hey Baek"

"Lu! We have to leave right now!" I said urgently making him stop chewing "Why?"

"Soo just called me saying he's in labor but what's worse is that the hospital called him saying Kai flatlined" Luhan sat wide eyed "W-what are we gonna do!? It's 2 a.m in the morning on Christmas day and we're in the country, no trains are running for another couple of hours"

I shook my head "Look I don't know, seoul is a good 2 hours from here if we use the rental car, let's tell everyone the news and start heading out as soon as possible"

Luhan nodded an okay before following me upstairs. I entered Chanyeol and I's room seeing him staring straight at me. I was suprised he noticed I was gone "Why are you up so early? Morning sickness?"

I shook my head no " It's an emergency, Kai flat lined and Soo is in Labor I need to leave as soon as possible"

Chanyeol jumped out of bed "Are you serious!? Why didn't you wake me up, that's my best friend ya know!"

I put my hands up in protest "I came to wake you up right now! I just went to go to tell Luhan, if you're so concerned you'd pick up the pace and start getting ready to go!" With my rebuttle Chanyeol hastily moved to the closet pulling out our suitcases and getting them ready to go.

I helped and soon we were all downstairs (with the exception on the kids) ready to go. Mr. and Mrs. Park already agreed to stay with the kids and bring them later after this mess.

We went to the van and loaded up for the 2 hour long trip hoping and praying that our friends would make it out of this safe, alive and unharmed.

"This couldn't have happened at a more chaotic time, craziest Christmas ever" Luhan spoke up admist the deadly silence.

"It was like a chain of events, Kai flat lined, so he stressed when he knows the preeclampsia makes it worse, and that made him go I to labor, at this point he could loose the babies if he's not careful" I worried.

Luhan nudged me "Don't jinx it! Kai is gonna be just fine and so will be Soo and the babies" I made a deep sigh "I hope your right"

The rest of the car ride consisted of us riding through the snowy weather making our way to Seoul, there was no time to waste now.

I received a text from Kyungsoo telling me he arrived at the hospital after that I hadn't heard a response from my text about his condition.

The early morning of seoul was quiet. Few cars were on the highway and only a select number of people were walking the streets.

The closer we got the more nervous I was. It was only when we arrived did I realize how shitty this situation really was for Kyungsoo.

When we entered the lobby I saw a small group of paparazzi in the waiting area. "Chanyeol, Sehun go around the back and meet us in the private area"

They nodded and left Luhan and I as we hurried to the ICU. As we stepped off the elevator we heard a huge comotion. Telling and screaming, shoes squeaking on the floor and I could only guess who it was.

Luhan and I looked at eachother in fear before looking around the corner to the private side. There was Kyungsoo being held back by four nurses.

"Let me see him!!" He screamed trying to fight them off. One struggled to speak "Mr. Do we can't let you go, you're in labor!"

We rushed over and I yelled "Kyungsoo!!!!" He looked back at me with tears running down his face "Tell them I'm fine!! I just wanna see nini!" He cried.

Luhan took him from the nurses "Soo you aren't fine, you're in labor think about the babies, the more you stay here the greater chance you have of harming them"

"But, what if he dies, they won't let me know how he's doing and I'm worried he's not gonna make it" We held him up and his legs grew weak. "I'm scared guys, for the first time in my life I'm scared and I don't know what to do"

As the tears rolled down his cheeks I could see the hurt intensify. I released a breath I didn't know I was holding "Just relax, breath in and out, let's get you to the delivery room"

He nodded his head and took deep breaths as the nurses fetched a stretcher. I noticed that his breaths we abnormal and his face was filled with more pain before he screamed and fell to the floor.

We tried to pick him up but he was too heavy. I felt his hand clench his stomach "It's the babies!!! Something wrong, my contractions weren't this intense" he gasped.

A grim feeling washed over me as I looked down, there was a dark red stain flowing down his pants leg. Before I could say anything Kyungsoo let out another painful scream, his breaths slowly down.

"Please don't let my babies die, it's all my fault, if they ask you to choose pick the babies" that made Luhan object "We aren't choosing who's gonna live!! You're fine just fine and so are the babies"

Kyungsoo struggled to shake his head "No no, I can't, I'm tired" And with a last squeeze on Luhan's hand he closed his eyes.
____________________________________
There it is!! It's finally out! I know I've been gone for almost 2 months but to say I was busy was understatement. It's like school gets way harder after the first quarter. I haven't had time to do anything and as much as I write I haven't even had free time to do that. Please understand and I'm sorry I can't make chapter as frequent. Hope you guys enjoyed!!