Chapter 28

Baekhyun's POV

"Taehyung I swear if you try to eat that snow one more time" I scolded him resulting in him pouting.

"B-but daddy said eating snowflakes brings good luck" He whined looking to his father for help.

Chanyeol chuckled nervously while scratching the back of his head and I scowled at him. "What? I didn't tell him to eat the snow off the ground"

I scoffed "Yeah and he's also 3, knowing the difference between snow falling and snow already on the ground isn't something he'd understand"

"Hey! My son is very smart" Chanyeol looked offended and I rolled eyes before pressing the doorbell.

I heard and I'm coming and before I knew it the door opened revealing Daehyun in a sweater and Santa hat.

"Oh! You guys finally made it!" Daehyun said with a bright smile. He bent down to the twins height and ruffled Taehyung and Chelsea's hair "What's up little dudes"

They both flashed him a giddy smile and I giggled a bit "I see someone's happier than usual"

He made a long exhale "What can I say? It's a couple days before christmas and I just can't help but feel the Christmas spirit"

I heard Chanyeol chuckle and mutter "Nice hat" making me nudge him hard in the stomach.

Daehyun looked at him wanting to say something but before he could I spoke up "Why don't we all just get inside, don't want the twins catching a cold"

As soon as we entered the house I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Warmness filled me and soon I inhaled the scent of fresh cookies and hot chocolate.

By now the twins had ran to their grandpa and Daehyun followed making sure the two didn't hurt themselves.

I felt hands snake around my waist from the back and laughed "What do you think you're doing?"

I felt his breaths on my neck and he sighed with satisfaction "You just smell so damn good"

I intertwined his hands on mine "Oh really?" And he nodded "Maybe I should use that pine soap more often"

"Daehyun! Who just ca-" My mom paused when she saw us. She immediately put on a big smile "Well if it isn't my favorite son"

I chuckled "Mom I'm your only son" Chanyeol detached from me and my mom hurried to give me a hug.

"Oh I know but I love you so much your still my favorite" She let go and Chanyeol quickly held my hand "I suspect my grandchildren are in the living room goofing around with their grandpa"

I nodded and her eyes sparkled at the two of us together "Ahh young love, I remember when me and your father were like you two"

She then squeezed Chanyeol's cheek "Such a sweet handsome young man you are, it feels so good to brag about you being my son in law"

Chanyeol blushed from my mother's comments "Well you two don't just stand there, I know you must be hungry come help me and these old bones carry the snack to the family room"

We followed her to the kitchen and as she ordered Chanyeol to get the Christmas mugs for the hot chocolate I spoke "Hey mom?"

She hummed in response "Yes what is it dear?" I opened the fridge "Where are the pickled radishes"

"They're on the middle shlef in a clear container" She said in a busy voice. I spotted the round container and silently cheered.

I don't know why but I really want some pickled radishes and I am dieing for some cucumbers.