Chapter 37

Baekhyun's POV

It was a day later. My guard was up now, no more leaving my kids alone. I was tense and frustrated, mad that I put my children in danger. It left me paranoid, who would do this to us? To my baby girl?

"Mommy!" Chelsea screamed. I immediately snapped my attention towards her but she ran into my lap "What is it baby girl?"

She pointed to the door "The door bell rang, didn't you hear it?" I looked towards the door only to here the doorbell ring.

Getting off the couch I walked to the door opening it. There stood two of my bestfriends and a cute set of twins along with a man in a uniform.

"Omg it's freezing out here! It took you forever to open the door" Luhan exclaimed pushing through the door.

I apologized and let the other two in "Sorry, I been thinking alot" I showed them to the living room "I'm glad you guys came, I've been a mess all week"

Luhan and Kyungsoo hugged me "We had to come sooner or later, I was so suprised when I saw the article on soompi, you should have called us sooner"

I sighed "I know but, everyone's just been so busy, Chanyeol didn't even come back home" that made Luhan scowl "That Park I swear he's a complete idiot, does he know he's doing the same thing all over again? What's so urgent that you can't even see your kid come back to the hospital? Sehun comes straight home ya know, that brother of his is doing something else"

"I agree, Kai has been with Chanyeol and Sehun roo and he comes straight home, I don't know how fucked up that 'contract is' but something else is up" Kyungsoo sassed.

I only put my hands up in surrender "I'm not trying to make matters worse, whenever I ask him he gets tense and I don't want us to fight all the time"

The latter just shook their head "Anyways I brought my uncle" Luhan introduced the man in uniform "He came immediately when I told him you needed his help"

The old man smiled at me "Nice to finally meet you, honestly when Luhan called me I thought he had gotten in trouble again" he joked which made everyone laugh but Luhan "About that.......might need you to get me off the hook, if this continues I think I might kill a bitch"

The old man only shook his head "My poor nephew" he gained his composure "Could you inform me on the incident again? Any evidence I can take in?"

I gulped trying to remember the incident "A box of donuts were at my door, from the letter it said they were new neighbors and wanted to welcome themselves so I took them and sat them on the counter for the twins to eat, I had left the house to run some errands and they stayed with a good friend, I guess Chelsea was the only who had some donuts and when I can back she was sick, I was in the middle of an argument with my husband when my friend told me she was breathing weird, we called the hospital and w-when they took her......" I started to tear up "W-when they took her they said that she would have been d-dead if Dae didn't check on her"

Tears rolled down my face remembering my child's pained face. She was pale and breathing hard, all kinds of cords connected to her, it was awful.

"I'm.....Im sorry, do you still have the donuts or letter?" He asked. I nodded showing him to a cabinet, it had been locked in there, so no one could touch it eat them.

I unlocked the cabinet and he put on some gloves, reaching in to grab the donut box along with a note taped to it. "It should be easy go atleast trace the bakery down, even though they say their homemade this was clearly from a bakery before it got poisoned"

I felt like an idiot, to put my kids in that type of danger, I always taste things first, why didn't I do it this time?

The old man and I talked some more before he got everything he needed but before he could even get to the door the bell rung.