Chapter 8

Emma would kill me if she knew I was doing this. I was being like, the absolute worst best friend in history right now. I mean, she had a thing with this guy. I slept with him. Told her. And now I was sneaking out to meet him again. 

If she ever found out. If anybody found out. I would be so screwed. Like...words couldn't even describe it. 

I crept down the stairs, skipping the second to last one so that it wouldn't creak. It was midnight now, and my parents were sound asleep. I opened the door as quietly as I could, shutting it just as quietly. Luckily for me, it didn't creak. 

I walked slowly to the garage, pulling my keys out of my Chanel purse. James wasn't able to pick me up, so I said I would just drive to his house. I hadn't driven my car in awhile, so when I got to the garage, it had it's cover on it, to keep dust from collecting on it. 

I shivered in the cold air of the garage, I had dressed according to James' wishes; a pair of black fishnet tights, pink hot pants, with a shiny black bandeau, and stiletto ankle boots. I teased my hair into a high ponytail, and did a black smoky eye with bright pink lipstick. James may like the outfit, but I was freezing. 

I quickly folded the cover and settled it into the corner of the garage, running back to the car, starting it quickly and turning up the heat as high as it would go. Wearing this. In cold november air. In london. I am a goddamn idiot. 

I backed out of the garage, for the first time pleased at the almost silence of my car engine. The last thing I needed was my parents hearing my car right now. After I got out of the driveway, I let out a breath of relief.

I shouldn't be going to see James. One, because he was a lying semi-cheating scum bag that hurt my best friend. Two, he was totally just using me for sex. Three, he was a douche? Four, I honestly did not like him at this point anymore. Whatever "feelings" I had convinced myself that I had had at this point were gone. He didn't deserve my feelings at all either. 

But...I felt like...I just..needed an empty relationship. I had only ever had one boyfriend before James. Ever. I know. Freaky. But anyway..I loved him. At least I convinced myself I did. But at 15, I truly didn't know what love was. And now, at this point, with all of the issues in the relationships that I did have....I didn't want a relationship anymore. James was reckless. And despite the fact he was a lying asshole, I liked his spontaneity. And I didn't care what I had to do at this point. I just wanted the type of ''no strings attatched'' relationships right now. 

*******

~*Harry's POV*~ 

I rolled over in bed, facing Lucy, who was sleeping soundly next to me. She looked so at peace right now. Lately, lines of stress and worry creased her face. She was getting older. And it was showing. It was showing for me too. But her especially. I cant even begin to imagine how hard things were for her right now. 

I reached over and brushed some loose hair off of her face, gently tracing over her delicate fingers with my fingertips. A slight smile played on her lips, but after being with her for almost 12 years, I knew that it was in her sleep she was smiling. 

"If I hadn't broken up with you before that damn tour then things might not be like this." I murmured, gently running my hands through her hair. 

When we were younger, before our 2nd marriage, she had cut her hair into a short short bob, and dyed it blonde. Now, her hair was back to its black, waist length curls that I loved so much. 

"There wouldn't have been a you and Louis...or Nolan...and Bella wouldn't be so angry..and then you would be happier too...." 

I tried to ignore how Lucy treated Bella lately. She used to treat her like a little princess, and just absolutely adored her. But one day, it just totally changed, and she was all business all the time. So...I tried to make up for it by being the adoring parent. And apparently...that didn't help out....I just wanted my little girl back...was that too much to ask for..?