No One Can Love Me ~ Crowley

I was at home, drinking my wine and reading one of the many book from my personal library, when I heard a sound. I stood, setting my book down as I went to investigate. My angel blade was safely hidden in my jacket, along with my other weapons that I kept close as a precaution. I checked the whole house, and found nothing. It must have just been the house. After all, it was an old building.
     Sitting down again, I picked up my novel and took a sip from my wine. I coughed, feeling odd. Suddenly, Crowley was in front of me. I looked up at him from my seat, having a sudden urge to be around him. It wasn't a new feeling of course; I had liked Crowley since I had met him years ago. But now the passion and the desire I had felt about him was so much stronger.
     I didn't question him as he made his way towards me, extending his hand. My book was forgotten as he pulled me up. It fell to the floor as I stood. He held my hand and brought it up to his mouth, gently placing a kiss on the back of it. I giggled slightly, blushing. Those were two things I never did; I hated giggling and I despised how my face would turn bright red. Seriously, was I a fire truck or something?
     I brushed the issue off, suddenly not caring. I was with Crowley, which was all that mattered. He took my other hand in his and brought me closer, until our fronts were touching. He held me by my waist and I rested my hands on his shoulders. He leaned forward and put his lips near my ear.
     "Hello, love," he whispered in his deep voice, making me shiver. He must have noticed, for when he pulled back, he wore his all too familiar smirk on his lips.
     "To what do I owe the pleasure?" I asked, biting my lip. Though he was acting differently towards me, I knew that he wouldn't come without a reason.
     "To see you, my beautiful Mira," he told me as he spun me around and pulled me back to him. I thought I had heard him wrong, but when he silently waited for my reaction, I realized that he said exactly what I thought he had. In an instant, I stood on my toes and pressed my lips against his. He kissed back hungrily, pulling me closer than I thought was possible.
     Our bodies molded together perfectly, and I soon found my back pressed against one of the bookshelves. He began to trail kisses down onto my jaw, then below my ear, and on my neck. My breath caught in my throat and I could feel him smirk against my skin, his stubbly face tickling my neck in the process.

     Crowley and I were sitting at my dinner table, eating supper. I knew that he didn't normally eat, but I had asked him to, so I wouldn't feel awkward while he watched me eat. Since I was human, I required food to survive. He reluctantly agreed after I had kissed him. I had just picked up my fork, when I started to cough.
     I looked around, not understanding how I came to be sitting at my dining room table with the King of Hell. Just a moment ago, I was reading in my library. A look of realization passed over Crowley's face as he stood and pulled me to my feet. He crashed his lips to mine, surprising me, but I was not complaining. When we separated, he lifted my wine glass to my lips and practically forced me to take a sip.
     Once I did, I remembered everything. I was on a date with Crowley, my boyfriend. He seemed troubled, so I reached across the table, holding one of his large hands in mine. I felt an odd feeling in my stomach, but I ignored it.

     I woke up one morning, feeling strange. How did I get into my bed? I checked my phone to see that nearly a week had gone by that I didn't remember. How is that possible?
     I heard the front door open, making me jump and tense up. Footsteps came closer and closer to my bedroom, until their owner appeared in my doorway. It was Crowley. I got up and walked towards him, stopping about two feet away.
     "Good morning, sweetheart," he told me, coming closer. He cupped my face and placed his soft lips on mine. What was going on? Though it felt wrong to be kissing the King of Hell, I leaned into him, pulling him closer as I closed my eyes.
     He was the first to pull back. I stood still with my eyes closed for a moment, before opening them, seeing Crowley only inches from my face. He was staring at me as if I was the most beautiful thing in the world. How could that be? I always thought that Crowley despised me; he avoided me until he had no choice but to face me. I never understood why, and I still don't.
     "Good morning," I mumbled back. I told myself that this was all a dream. Surely, that was the only possibility. I must have fell asleep while I was reading, and now I was lucid dreaming. Having convinced myself that that was what was going on, I felt more confident.
     With my new found confidence, I kissed him again, which he gladly accepted.

     For the next few days, or at least, that was what my dream state seemed like, Crowley began to look at me strange. He seemed to be watching me closer than usual, as if he was waiting for something to happen. Finally, I asked him what was wrong.
     "Nothing, darling. Have you felt odd at all lately?" he questioned, his eyes scanning my body.
     "No," I told him, moving from my spot on the couch to sit on his lap. I buried my face into his chest, taking in his scent. He smelled faintly of fire. I placed my head in the crook of his neck, feeling him wrap his arms around me. I kissed his neck, feeling it vibrate as he laughed.
     I felt myself grow tired, and soon I was fighting to stay awake. Crowley was saying something about a demon that had been a pain in the ass lately, but his voice grew fainter and fainter as I felt myself slip away into a sleeping state.

     It was only when I woke up that I realized something. If I was sleeping in my dreams, why didn't I wake up? I could only come to one conclusion; I was not dreaming. Why was Crowley acting like that then? I made the realization before I opened my eyes.
     I was still on Crowley's lap on the couch, and his arms were still wrapped around me. I decided to act as if I hadn't made the sudden realization, so I could snoop around and figure out what was going on. It wasn't hard; I really didn't have to act after all. My feeling s for him were genuine. I just didn't know how I had come to be his girlfriend, or his friend at all, really.

     Within a few hours, I figured it out; that son of a bitch was using an elixir to make me fall in love with him. He must have put it in my wine glass while I had gone to check what the noise had been, which was most likely him.
     I was sitting on the couch in my living room, swirling a glass of red wine in my hands. I heard the door open and close and soon I wasn't alone in the room. That was the one thing I liked about this side of Crowley; I had told him at some point while I was under the influence of the elixir that I didn't like him popping in at any given moment, so he has been using the door.
     He saw my troubled state and walked towards me. I only stared at the floor, refusing to look at him. How could he do such a thing to me? Only God knows what he had done to me while I was drugged. I tried telling myself things like that, but I still wasn't able to feel any anger towards him. I knew by a gut feeling that he hadn't been anything but kind to me, but I wanted someone to be angry with. The only person I could be angry with, though, was me.
     "What's the matter, darling?" he questioned as he crouched in front of me. He was trying to get me to look at him, but it wasn't working. "Are you feeling alright, love?" he placed a hand on my forehead, but I pulled away, standing. He too stood, and tried to come closer, but I turned my back.
      "Do not mention love to me, Crowley," I spat at him, placing my glass on the side table. He came up behind me and tried to wrap his arms around me, but I stepped out of his reach. "Why would you do that, Crowley? Why would you drug me with an elixir?" Though I didn't see his face, I knew he was surprised; I had figured it out without him noticing. "Well?" I asked impatiently.
     "Turn around and talk to me, sweetheart," he said, gently placing his hand on my arm. Hesitantly, I let him turn me around. "Now, isn't that better?" he smiled. He actually smiled; he didn't smirk.
     "Why did you do it?" I questioned softly, searching his face for an answer. I stepped closer to him, so there was less than a foot between us. "Why would you drug me to create something that already exists?" He didn't seem to understand for a moment. I sighed, "I already love you, Crowley. So why did you want to create some twisted, fake love that I wouldn't even remember?"
     "Because I'm the King of Hell, Mira," he told me, "no one can love me." His voice was sad, yet he didn't let it show on his face.
     "I do," I said truthfully, taking another step towards him. I placed my hand on his face. He put his hand on top of mine, rubbing his thumb over the back of it gently. His other hand rested itself on my waist as I put mine on his chest. I saw him leaning down, so I stood on my toes and we locked lips passionately, neither of us ever wanting to separate.