Brilliant ~ Mark Sheppard

As I exited my trailer with my script in one hand and a tea in the other, I chuckled to myself. My hair was pitch black, along with my attire, which consisted of a tight pair of skinny jeans and a low-cut, long-sleeved shirt.
     I looked nothing like myself. I had naturally auburn hair, and I was used to wearing light or neutral colours. I had to transform my appearance for my role in Supernatural. I was Crowley's half-human, half-hell hound companion. I was supposed to look like walking death, but sexier. With my incredibly pale complexion, and the makeup that had been put on me, I think I was doing a pretty good job.
     Being Crowley's hell hound, naturally I was supposed to be very sarcastic. It wouldn't be too hard for me; sarcasm was my favourite and most fluent language.
     I made my way over to where we were shooting today and watched Jared and Jensen play their part. Soon it would be time for Mark and I to enter the shot.
     Mark and I were very close friends. I met him several years ago through friends, and we seemed to just connect. Our wit and common interests are to thank for that.
     "Nervous for your first scene, love?" Mark asked from beside me. I just shrugged, taking a deep breath. Five minutes ago, I was not nervous. Now, though, I was terrified.
     When I saw my cue from Bobby, I walked onto set with Mark, planting a smirk on my face as I got into character. With a point of his finger, Bobby signaled for the crew to change cameras, meaning that we were to begin our lines.
     "Oh God, the day I had," Mark complained, becoming Crowley. His jacket was ripped in several places and his hair was messed up. He was still pretty good looking in my opinion. He began to walk past Jared and Jensen with me trailing behind him.
     "Whoa, there, Crowley," Jensen said, grabbing Mark's arm. I shot a glare at him, stepping forward. Mark lifted his hand for me to stop. "Care to tell us who the chick is?" Jensen asked, staring me down with hard eyes.
     "Don't be so rude, Squirrel. This is my hell hound, Grimm. Well, she's not a full-blooded hell hound as you can see, just half. More useful than a full-blooded hound anyway; she makes better conversation," Mark smirked, pulling his arm from Jensen's grip. "A lot sexier when she's angry, too."
     Mark continued to walk into the room where Eric, or Brady in this case, was sitting, tied to a chair inside a devil's trap. I sent a wink and a smirk at Jared and Jensen, making my way into the room behind Mark. I stood with my arms crossed in a protective stance several feet behind him, my eyes glued on Eric.
     "Good news," Mark announced, "You're going to live forever."
     "What did you do?" Eric sneered.
     "I went into a demon's nest. Had a little massacre," Mark smile evilly, "Must be losing my touch, though; I let one of the little toads live. Oops. I also might have given set toad the impression that you left your post last night because you and I are, wait for it," he paused, holding up his finger, "Lovers in league against Satan."
     I could feel my heart pounding in my chest as it was my turn to say my line. I waltzed up beside Mark, another smirk forming on my lips.
     "Kinky," I said, winking at Eric, who sneered at me. Mark just smiled at Eric, placing a hand on my waist. His touch calmed my nerves considerably. It was odd, really. His presence usually made me nervous because I was always afraid that I would say the wrong thing around him.
     "So, now. Death is off the table. Now, you get to be on the boss's eternal torture list with little old me," Mark mocked. Eric shook his head back and forth, saying no several times. "Something else we have in common," Mark continued, "Apart from our torrid passion, of course. Craven self-preservation. So, now, why don't you tell me where Pestilence is at?"
     I lifted my head and looked behind me, pretending to hear something. Howling would be edited into the take afterwards.
     "Was that a hell hound?" Jensen asked, frozen in his place.
     Mark shrugged, "I'd say yeah."
     "Why was that a hell hound?" Jensen questioned, furrowing his brows. Mark groaned and reached into his jacket pocket.
     "Remember I was telling you about my crafty little tracking device?" Mark said, holding a little coin in his hand.
     "Yeah," Jared answered.
     "Demons planted one on me," Mark told him simply.
     "You're saying a hell hound followed you here?" Jared exclaimed angrily.
     "Well, technically, he followed this," Mark corrected.
     "Get me out of here and I'll tell you anything you want," Eric said, pulling against his restraints.
     "Shut up!" Jared commanded.
     "Okay, well, then we should go," suggested Jensen.
     Mark shook his head, "Sorry, boys. No one knows more about the hounds than I. You're long past the point of 'go'." With that, he flipped the coin to Jensen.
     Mark and I left the room and let the other three do their part. The special effects people had a bit of fun blowing out a few windows and such, then we came back do continue the scene.
     "Hey!" Mark exclaimed from beside me.
     "You're back?" Jensen asked, pointing a fake gun at the floor in front of him.
     "I'm invested," Mark smirked, then added, "Currently."
     We paused for a moment, one which would be filled with barks once it was edited. My face was contorted to look as though I was growling.
     "Stay," Mark demanded, placing a hand on my lower back. Still, I bared my teeth, staring at where Jensen was pointing the gun.
     "You can control them?" Jensen asked angrily, staring at Mark.
     "Not that one," Mark replied, pointing ahead of him, "I've got my own." He motioned his head in my direction. "Mine's better. Get 'em, Grimm!"
     The camera turned back to Jensen and I exited the room since 'I', meaning the hell hound version of my character, would be invisible to the audience, just like the other hound.
     As soon as I was out of the shot, I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of me, and I let out a deep breath.

     "You were brilliant, darling," Mark complimented as he sat beside me. We were in my trailer, relaxing for a while.
     "Really?" I asked, sipping my tea. "I felt like I could hardly breathe. The boys are great and all, but I wouldn't have been able to do it without you," I admitted. My ears grew warm as the words escaped my lips, and I was thankful that my hair was down at the moment.
     "I'm glad I could be of comfort," Mark told me, moving towards me on the couch. I watched as he closed the distance between us, my heart beginning to pound again. I swear it was loud enough for him to hear, but it he did, he never let on.
     He reached for my hand and brought it to his lips, placing a soft kiss on the back of it. Not for once second did his eyes stray from mine.
     To be frank, my feelings for Mark were strong, and I wished to be much more than just friends with him. I never spoke out on my feelings in fear that he would not return those feelings and I would damage our friendship.
     However, as he held my hand gently, and his face grew closer to mine, I had very little doubt that the affection I craved from him was not what he, too, wished for.
     In seconds, his lips collided with mine. They tasted like tea, and that, combined with his beard that tickled my cheeks, made me smile into the kiss.
     Mark had often given me the idea that he would be quick to escalate intimate moments, but I was wrong about him. He was an English gentleman.
     When I pulled away for air, my eyes remained closed for a moment longer. I hadn't even noticed that I had closed them. My surroundings had just seemed to disappear.
     When I did flutter my deep brown eyes open, I was met with his, which were a similar shade. He was looking at me in admiration. He lifted his hand and caress my jaw tenderly, not breaking our eye contact.
     "Once again, darling. You were brilliant."