You Can't Get Rid of Me That Easily ~ Sam Winchester

Everything around me was spinning. There were three of every person. The lights were brighter than before. The noises around me were muffled, and the voices were slurred. I collapsed onto the floor, blinking repeatedly.
     Sam bent down and gripped by upper arms securely. I could see his lips moving, but I couldn't make out his words. Nurses pushed him away from me, making me panic. I reached out for him, but I found that most of my strength was gone. My arm dropped to my side, limp. I could feel myself beginning to slip away. I tried to fight it, but I lost, and the darkness surrounded me.

     When I woke up, everything was steady. The lights were dim, and I could hear and see everything clearly. I was alone in a hospital room, with tubes sticking in my nose and an IV attached to the inside of my elbow. I saw all of the cuts and bruises on my skin, and couldn't help but wonder if we had succeeded in ganking that demon.
     I closed my eyes and sighed, waiting for a nurse or someone to come and check on me. Not ten minutes later, I heard footsteps and opened my eyes. I saw a young woman enter the room, clad in scrubs. She smiled and checked my IV. We made small talk as she did so, and I learned that her name was Kathryn, but people called her Katie-Anne because Anne was her middle name. She was a sweet girl.
     "There is a man in the waiting room who keeps asking for you," she told me, standing next to my bed, "he stayed all night. There were two others, but the man told them to go home."
     "Did he tell you his name?" I questioned, fiddling with the edge of the bed sheet.
     "He said his name was Teddy and the other two were his brothers, Henry and Andrew," she responded, "Well, I have to go check on the other patients. Do you want me to send him in?" I nodded, smiling as she left. A minute later, 'Teddy' entered the room. He sat on the edge of the hospital bed, and grabbed one of my hands in both of his.
     "So, 'Teddy'," I smiled, "I was told that you waited here all night. Why didn't you go home?" Sam sighed, pulling my hand up and kissing the back of it.
     "I was worried about you," he said, "that demon got you pretty badly."
     "Speaking of the demon," I mentioned, "did we gank him?" he laughed slightly, shaking his head.
     "You nearly got killed, and you're worried about some stupid demon?" he asked. I stared at him silently, waiting for his answer, "Yeah we got him good. He won't be bothering us anymore."
     "Good," I smiled, "hospitals give me the creeps." I shuddered, emphasizing my point. He only chuckled.
     "I'm glad you're okay," he told me, looking at me sincerely.
     "That makes three of us," Dean spoke up, stepping into the room with Castiel close behind.
     "So 'Henry' and 'Andrew' decided to finally show up, did they?" I remarked. Cas seemed to be confused, so I explained, "Those are your aliases, Cas." He nodded, understanding at last.
     "How are you holding up?" Dean asked, glancing at Sam's hands, which were still gripping mine. He looked between the two of us, smirking, "You're doing pretty good by the look of it."
     "I'm fine, Dean," I assured him, ignoring his comment.
     "Do you need anything?" he questioned, inspecting the boring hospital room.
     "Yeah. I could really use some real food and a cup of caffeine," I replied, to which he nodded. He grabbed Castiel's arm and pulled him out of the room, leaving Sam and I alone again.
     "When you collapsed, I thought we had got you here too late," Sam confessed, breaking the silence that had surrounded us.
     "You can't get rid of me that easily, Sammy," I laughed, squeezing his hands. He didn't laugh. Instead, he stared blankly at the bed sheets. I placed my other hand over his, making him look up. It was then that I noticed the tears in his eyes. "Don't cry, Sam," I soothed as I sat up properly, leaning into his strong figure, "it'll take a hell of a lot more than that to kill me."
     "I don't ever want to lose you, Elise. I want you to be with me until we die of old age with our family surrounding us," Sam told me, "what I'm trying to say, is will you make me the happiest man alive and become my wife?" I sat in shock for a moment, before I looked up at him.
     "Of course, Sammy."