Let's Be Alone Together ~ Samandriel

I sat with my mother, trying to calm her down. She had sold her soul in an auction to save my brother, Kevin. The creature was waiting to redeem his prize. She has sent Sam and Dean to the other room so she could have some time alone with me until she had to give her soul away.

    Mom stood from her chair and sighed. We both began to walk to the door, when we were stopped by a young man. He had brown hair and ice blue eyes, like Castiel, though this man's eyes were lighter, while Cas' were dark with the pain of experience. He wore a Wiener Hut uniform, with a hat to match.

     "Excuse me, miss. Hi. My name is Sam-" he stopped and corrected himself, "Alfie. I'm an angel." He seemed innocent, which was very different from most angels.

     "Who works at Wiener Hut?" Mom questioned.

     "No. This is, uh," he tried to explain himself, but gave up, "it doesn't matter. Uh, what you did in here was amazing, and I want you to know that my friends and I can protect your son. The Winchesters are exceptional men, but..." he trailed off, "they're just men. If Kevin comes with us-"

     "Oh, no, no. The last time that angels tried to help my son, I watched them die, and Kevin went missing for a year. So, no offense, but…" I noticed the tears in her eyes, "I'm gonna take my chances with them." He nodded. As we stepped towards the door, I turned back to him.

     "Thanks any way, Alfie. Not many are still willing to help us," I told him, smiling sadly at him.

     "Anytime you need help, just pray to me, and I will be there," he said to me.

     "I have a feeling that your name isn't actually Alfie, so what is it? Which angel am I to pray to in times of need?" I asked him, waiting patiently for his answer.

     "Samandriel."

     I sat by myself in a diner, staring out the window beside me. Mom, Kevin and I had left Sam and Dean at the auction. Kevin thought it was for the best, and since Mom was in a state of shock, she didn't protest. She didn't say anything, actually. It took us days to get her to talk again, and even then, she was quiet and didn't say much.

     I had told my family that I would be out for a little while, and so far, it's been over three hours. I had drank a half a dozen cups of tea, but I hadn't eaten anything. While I was sitting, I thought of Samandriel. I hadn't prayed to him in fear that I would be pulling him away from something urgent. I decided that I would at least try.

     I closed my eyes hesitantly and sighed, thinking hard, 'Hey, Samandriel. I don't know how this whole angel thing works, but would you mind coming down from Heaven for a minute? If you can't, I understand.'

     I opened my eyes and didn't see anyone. I looked out the window, and still, there was no Samandriel. I looked down at my seventh cup of tea, a bit disappointed.

     I suddenly felt a gentle tap on my shoulder. I glanced up to see a man in a Wiener Hut suit, smiling down at me. It was Samandriel. I couldn't stop the smile that spread across my face. He sat in the seat across from me, his gaze locked on me.

     "Hello, Kylie," he greeted.

     "Hi Sam. Is it okay if I call you that?" I inquired, suddenly feeling nervous.

     "Sure," he replied, "are you alright? You seem to be acting oddly." I laughed awkwardly. Great. He had noticed.

     "Yeah, I'm fine. Do you want anything to eat? Something to drink?" I asked, trying to make conversation. Why had I called him again? Oh yeah, that's right! Because I was stupid enough to think that I could actually have a conversation with an angel.

     "Angels don't require food of any kind," Sam responded, kindly declining.

     "Sorry," I apologized, looking anywhere but him. I felt him reach across the table and grab my hands in his.

     "It's alright; I know this is still all knew to you," he comforted, squeezing our hands lightly. I could feel my face heat up and I swear, I could see his do the same. "What did you need?" he asked me, glancing around to see I there was any danger.

     "I was all alone," I pouted, looking down at my tea. He grinned.

     "Well, let's be alone together."