I'm The One That Gripped You Tight and Raised You From Perdition ~ Castiel

"Are you sure you did the ritual right?" Dean asked impatiently. Bobby and I both shot him a look. "Sorry. Touchy, touchy," he mumbled under his breath. He was playing with a Ruby's knife as he sat beside me on a table. Bobby was across from us, a gun ready in his hands. We were waiting for whatever had brought me back from hell.
     The roof's tin sheets began to wave wildly, making us all stand, ready to fight. I held a gun in my hands.
     "Wishful thinking, but maybe it's just the wind," I spoke up, doubting my own words as I said them.
     The lights began to explode, proving me wrong. We covered our heads to protect ourselves from the glass that fell.
     The door busted open and a handsome man in a business suit and trench coat sauntered towards us. The light bulbs above his head shattered in a shower of sparks as he passed them. As he approached, Dean and Bobby both open fired, but the shots did not even slow him down. He walked straight through the devil traps we had set up.
     I stood, watching him. I had a gut feeling that he meant us no harm. The other two however, they must have felt threatened.
     The man walked straight up to me, no emotion on his face. I saw Dean pick up Ruby's knife as the man got closer.
     "Who are you?" I asked him calmly.
     "I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition," he replied. He had a deep, raspy voice but it suited him.
     Dean stepped in front of me and plunged the knife into the man's chest, but he only looked down, unconcerned, and pulled it out. He dropped it to the floor. Behind him, I saw Bobby try to attack. Without looking, the man grabbed Bobby's weapon and used it to swing himself around. He touched Bobby on the forehead with his fingertips, making Bobby crumble to the ground. He turned and did the same to Dean, who fell also.
     "We need to talk, Rose. Alone," he told me, looking straight at me. 

     I crouched over Bobby and then Dean, checking their pulses.
     "Your friends are alive," I heard the man say. I stared up at him, watching him carefully.
     "Who are you?"
     "Castiel," was his answer. He didn't offer to elaborate, making me sigh impatiently.
     "I mean what are you?" He stopped fiddling with whatever he was touching on the table and turned towards me.
     "I'm an angel of the Lord."

     That was a few months ago. Since then, we had seen quite a bit of Castiel. He would help Sam, Dean and I when we were hunting if he found the time. Even when he couldn't, he made time. Sam and Dean both liked Cas. Or at least, they put up with him.
     At the current moment, we were hunting down a demon. It had been possessing people in a small town in Virginia, making them kill their neighbors, their friends, their families and everyone else they could get their hands onto.
     We were in the house of the man who was currently possessed. He had killed three so far. We crept through the halls of the house, not making a sound other than our light footsteps. The three of us had split up, hoping to corner him into the living room.
     It took us a while but we finally did it. We surrounded him, each of us standing in one of the doorways that lead into the room. Sam had Ruby's knife and Dean and I had guns, but he was too fast.
     He came at me with a kitchen knife, slashing it through the air as I dodged his attempts. I tried to fight back, but he was too strong. It wasn't long before I felt an unbearable pain in my side.
     I could faintly hear Dean shooting the demon. Knowing that it's target wasn't me anymore, I looked down and felt where I had been stabbed. I removed my hand and saw that it was covered with blood. My blood.
     I started to see black spots in my vision as I continued to lose blood from my wound. I couldn't just give up though. The boys needed me.
     I saw that Sam's knife had been thrown out of his grip. It had landed by my feet. I slowly and painfully clutched my side as I retrieved it from the floor. I felt light headed but I pushed on, approaching the demon from behind. I knew the only thing keeping me going was adrenaline. That, and the fact that I wasn't going to let my best friends get hurt when I can do something to help.
     I stumbled right before I reached them. I used the last bit of my strength to raise the knife, stabbing it in the back, right where its heart would be. Black smoke flew from its mouth and the body fell to the ground.
     I could feel myself crumble to the floor. Sam grabbed me, preventing me from hitting the cold, hard ground. Dean looked panicked as he saw my side. I saw him close his eyes and mutter something quickly under his breath.
     "Cas, we need you. Rose was stabbed and she can't hold on too much longer. C'mon Cas, get your feathery ass down here."
     Nothing happened. Sam was shaking me ever so gently, trying to keep me awake, but trying not to hurt me further.
     I could feel my eyes begin to close unwillingly, but I opened them again only to have them droop again.
     'Please Cas. I don't want to die like this. Not here. Not now,' I silently prayed to him, hoping he would show up.
     I heard a faint sound, almost like the flutter of wings. At that very moment I knew that Cas had arrived.
     I could feel cold fingertips against my forehead. The pain grew worse for a split second, then I couldn't feel it at all. It was gone.
     I opened my eyes fully. Sam was still gripping me tightly, looking down upon me. Dean sat on my other side, across from his brother. They both seemed to have tears in their eyes, though none fell. Castiel stood slightly behind Sam, staring down at me.
     Sam helped me stand, holding me firmly when I stumbled. I gave him and Dean a look, signaling that I would like to talk to Castiel alone.
     They went out to the Impala without saying a word. Dean patted me on the shoulder, smiling at me. It was as if he were trying so say "I'm glad you're okay, but don't you dare nearly die again or I'll kill you." Sure, it didn't really make sense. But it's Dean.
     The two of us were silent for a moment before I spoke up, "Thank you." He nodded at me, still watching my every move.
     "I heard your prayer. I also heard Dean's. I didn't raise you from perdition just to have you go back down," he replied. For a second, I though he was angry, but when I saw him attempt to copy the smile that was on my face, I knew that he wasn't.
     I walked over to him slowly, making sure I didn't fall. I stood in front of him, letting my eyes meet his. Without another word, I threw my arms around his neck, hugging him. He was still unaccustomed to human emotion, so at first, he held his hands away from my body as if it were infected with something. Then, slowly, he wrapped his arms around me, resting his hand on the small of my back.
     As I pulled back, my gaze rested on his face. I must have had some left over adrenaline because I stood on my toes and placed my lips on his. He was frozen. Just like when we hugged, it took time for him to respond. When he did, he kissed me back, placing his hand where they had been previously. I did the same, pulling him closer.
     We broke away and stood silently, still embracing.
     "I have a question," Cas spoke up. I nodded, telling him to go on. "Why do I feel the way I do? My heart is beating quicker and my hands are perspiring."
     I smiled up at him, responding, "Those are some of the perks of being in love."