I'd Rather Have You, Monster or Not ~ Dean Winchester

As the Winchester brothers trudged through the mud of the forest, they grew impatient. They could not find the creatures they had come to Littlefield, Arizona to hunt; a nest of vampires. They had searched for nearly an hour, and they had come up empty handed.

They weren't kept waiting much longer; just as they stopped to make a new plan, a fanged beast ran at them, knocking Sam over. The youngest Winchester struggled under the woman, trying to stab her with his knife, which was covered in dead man's blood. With a swing of his machete, Dean beheaded the vampire, killing it.

Six more of the monsters appeared and attacked. The Winchesters were outnumbered, and badly at that. They managed to kill several of them without sustaining major injuries, but they knew that they couldn't hold out much longer. They barely noticed as a woman approached them.

In her hand was a machete similar to Dean's. She seemed relaxed, as though she was used to seeing vampires and hunters trying to kill one another. Overall, she was a mysterious character. She had long black hair that floated in waves down her back. Her blue eyes were locked on the people ahead of her. The fight wasn't her business, but she knew that the two men would die without her help.

She saw Dean get tackled to the ground by one of the larger vampires. Just as it was about to bite him, she pulled it off by its shoulders and threw it to the ground. Lifting her machete, she brought it down on the monster, beheading it. Dean watched this woman as she saved his life. He had never seen her before. She was beautiful, though.

She faced him and held out her hand, waiting for him to take it. When his calloused, muddy hand gripped her soft, clean one, she pulled him to his feet. He was surprised by her strength, but it seemed to make her more attractive.

Turning away, she went for another vampire, and Dean was left to help his little brother. The three of them finished off the two remaining monsters with ease, and they were soon left to stand there, surrounded by six beheaded corpses. It was then that Sam took notice of the woman.

He held up his blade cautiously as she walked over to them. She saw and chuckled, holding up her arms slightly in a surrendering pose.

"Relax, man. I'm on your side," she told him, leaning on her machete. Sam didn't move an inch.

"Who are you?" he demanded, staring her down. He saw her roll her eyes.

"Alex Eaton," she replied, "Now would you quit pointing that thing at me?"

Dean stepped up beside his brother and took the knife from him. Sam look at him disbelievingly, but Dean ignored him.

"I'm Dean Winchester, and this is my little brother Sam," Dean introduced, "Thanks for having my back."

"No problem," Alex answered, sending him a small smile. She felt a put towards this man, and she swore to herself that she would do everything she could to get him.

Several months and many monsters later, Alex was on the road with the Winchesters. They had met again not long after their run in with the vampires, and decided to let her tag along. Sam was less enthusiastic, but put up with it.

Since they had first met, Dean had acquired feelings for her. She was a mysterious woman who could fend for herself when need be, and he loved that about her. Sam had warmed up to her, too, and she considered him to be the little brother that she never had. She trusted these two, and though she had to hide who she really was, she didn't wish to be anywhere else.

"Come on, sleeping beauty. It's time to hit the road," Dean told Alex, who groaned and rolled over in the motel bed. She wasn't a morning person.