Everything I Have Ever Wanted ~ Gabriel

I had never really been accepted where I lived. I was an outcast. A freak.
     Why? Because I hunt things that go bump in the night and hide under your bed and in your closet. 
     Casidy Williams is the name. I'm twenty-four. I've been hunting since I was about fourteen, since my neighbours were killed by an angel.
     An angel you might ask. Yes; an angel. Turns out, they hadn't been my neighbours for quite some time; they had been shapeshifters in disguise. 
     I never got the angel's name. All I know is that he saved my life, and as much as I hate to say it, I owe him a lot. That, and he was pretty easy on the eyes, if you know what I mean. 

     It was about the middle of June when I found myself face to face with another shifter. I had only come across a few since I started hunting, but this one was different; this one was me. 
     Well, at least it looked like me. I knew it was trying to mess with my head; turn the law against me so it would be harder for me to hunt. I wasn't going to just sit and watch of course; I had tracked it, found it's hide out and now here I was, standing in front of it with a silver blade.
     It came at me quickly, holding a piece of rusty pipe. He nearly decapitated me, but I managed to dodge it in time. I swung my blade, catching its side, making it cry out in pain. While it was distracted, I tried to stab it, but it caught me off guard and threw me against the wall.
     As my head collided with the hard surface, all I could feel was pain. Pain and anger. I quickly got up, stumbling slightly. I quickly slashed the knife, but I missed. It punched me, making my head fly to the right. After a second blow, I felt blood start to trickle out of my mouth.
     It had the upper hand, and it took a long time to win it back. It was on the floor in front of me and I had my blade raised, when it suddenly launched itself at me, knocking me over. It straddled me, keeping me down while it took my weapon. It was about to plunge it into my heart when it let out a pained scream and went limp.
     Someone pulled it off of me, but my vision was blurred and there was blood dripping into one of my eyes from the cut on my forehead, making me unable to see my savior clearly. The blurry figure seemed to look like a man more so than a woman, so I assumed that was what he was.
     He grabbed my hands and helped me stand up. I nearly fell, so he wrapped one of his arms around my waist. His fingertips touched my forehead, then that hand, too, was placed on my waist and soon I did not feel anymore pain. I blinked repeatedly; I could see perfectly and I was no longer dizzy. All the blood was gone.
     I looked at my savior, and sure enough, I was right. It was a man. But it wasn't just any man; it was the angel that had saved me so many years ago. He hadn't changed of course; an angel's vessel doesn't age.
     "Well, it's been a while, hasn't it?" he smiled. His voice was still as smooth as it was before. He had that contagious goofy grin that made me smile back at him.
     "Yeah it has. Shame we have to meet like this, though," I replied, looking into his eyes. He had the same happiness and innocence, yet I knew he had changed. I could see the sadness and the pain underneath. "Thanks, by the way."
     "My pleasure." We were acting so casual, even though the dead body of a shapeshifter was laying behind me.
     "That's twice that you've saved my life. I guess I have my own guardian angel, huh?" I smirked. He rolled his eyes playfully.
     "Archangel actually," he corrected. I was shocked, but it didn't show on my face. An archangel? I knew he was powerful, but I had never imagined he was that powerful.
     "Which one?" I couldn't help but ask.
     "Guess," he told me, smirking also.
     "Well, Lucifer is out of the question," I answered, "I don't think Satan is quite this gentle." I noted his hold on me was soft, softer than Lucifer could ever manage to be. "Raphael doesn't seem likely either; I don't know why. You just don't act the type. And you smile far too much to be Michael; so you must be Gabriel."
     "Well done," Gabriel told me, still smirking.
     "So, you never told me why you keep saving me," I pointed out. My hands were placed on his biceps as he still held me close. I had to admit, I was flirting with him and he knew it. I was trying to flirt, anyway; I wasn't very good at it.
     "Do I have to have a reason?"
     "I just want to know why you waste your time. I'm sure there are more important things for you to do," I explained. Gabriel became serious, staring into my eyes.
     "Nothing is more important than you, Casidy. Don't ever think otherwise," he said to me, gripping onto my waist slightly tighter.
     "Why?" I was about to continue, but I was cut off; he had kissed me. It was sweet and long, expressing his passion. He pulled away slightly, letting his lips brush mine.
     Against them, he mumbled softly, "Because you're everything I have ever wanted."