I Believe The Word You Are Looking For is Love ~ Castiel

I was laying in my bed, nearly asleep when I heard a crash come from the living room. I took the Angel blade from under my pillow, going out to investigate. When I entered the room and turned the light on, I saw Castiel on the floor, bleeding heavily.

     "Cas!" I rushed over to him, helping him up onto the couch. He tried to stand, but I pushed him down so he was laying on his back. I grabbed some towels from the bathroom cupboard, a bowl of hot water from the kitchen, and hurried back to him.

     Placing a wet towel against one of his wounds, I took a moment to look at the full damage. He had many cuts and in a little while, he would also have many bruises. He looked as if he had sprained his wrist when he fell, for he was holding it against his chest.

     "What happened to you, Cas?" I questioned, wiping one of the cuts on his neck. He flinched slightly, retracting from my hand. "I'm just trying to help, Castiel. They might get infected if I don't clean them and dress them properly." He nodded, letting me continue.

     "I was sitting with Dean in a bar. There was a man beside us, and I told him that his wife would not be happy that he was dancing and touching another woman. We exchanged words and for some reason, he became angry and punched me," he told me, his deep voice laced with confusion, "Dean was in the bathroom and I did not want to hurt the man, so I stayed still. When I didn't answer the question he had shouted at me, he hit me again and again until Dean came back and pulled him away from me. Dean drove me to your house and I came in. I felt odd and lost my balance and fell. Then you came out."

     "Cas, first of all, you don't talk to men about their wives at bars," I sighed, "second of all, when a man punches you at a bar, you defend yourself. I don't care how; punch him or leave. Try not to kill him though. And third of all, how did you get in?"

     "I watched you take a key from one of the decorative dog's mouths on the porch," he replied.

     "Do you still feel odd?" I asked, using the terms he used to describe what I assume was dizziness.

     "I do feel odd, but it is a different kind of odd," he responded, analyzing my face. I wiped the blood off of his cheek as my eyes moved from the cut to his eyes, and back again.

     "What does it feel like?" I inquired curiously, not understanding what he meant.

     "My heart is beating unnaturally quick and my palms are sweating. I have a desire to be near you, even though I already am, and I can feel my skin get warm wherever you touch," he explained. I pulled my hand away and, sure enough, he was blushing. Both of his cheeks were slightly pink.

     "I believe the word you are looking for is love," I smiled, letting my green eyes lock with his blue ones. He tried to mirror my expression. Being human was still new to him, so he didn't understand emotions quite yet.

     "I love you," he said to me, not hesitating at all. I leaned down, placing my lips on his. For a moment he did nothing. But eventually, he responded, pushing my hair away from my face as he kissed me passionately. He seemed to know exactly what to do. After a moment, I pulled back, smiling down at him.

     I finished cleaning his injuries fairly quickly. Most of them weren't major. After that, I sat at one end of the couch with Castiel's head on my lap, while the rest of his body took up the remainder of the couch. We were talking about little things, and I was answering Castiel's questions on how to be human.

     "Cas, you should get some sleep," I told him, playing with his hair. He sighed and let me get up. I put a pillow under his head in my place and turned the light off, "Goodnight, Castiel."

     "Goodnight, Jenna," he whispered tiredly.

     I was sleeping peacefully when I felt the bed dip beside me. I opened my eyes, squinting them to see through the darkness.

     "Cas? What are you doing here?" I asked quietly, watching him get under the covers.

     "I had a nightmare," he replied, his voice unsteady.

     "Aww, come here, Cas," I opened my arms, letting him come closer. He nuzzled his head into the crook of my neck, resting one of his arms across my stomach. I heard his breathing slow down, letting me know that he had fell asleep.

     I kissed his forehead and closed my eyes, wanting more than anything to be able to freeze that moment in time.