We're Both Cursed ~ Dean Winchester

"That thing is not getting in Baby," Dean told Sam firmly, glaring at me as if I was dirt on the bottom of his shoes. 

      "C'mon, Dean. We need her help for the case," Sam tried to persuade him, "It'll only be a few days, then you two won't even have to look at each other again." 

      "That sounds pretty good to me," I grumbled, pulling open the back passenger's side door of the Impala. 

      "Fine," Dean grudgingly agreed, hopping into the driver's seat. I heard Sam sigh, then he climbed into the passenger's seat with his laptop in his hands. 

      The drive took several hours, and the whole way, we were silent. Sam tried to start conversations now and then, but Dean or I would shoot them down with snarky remarks aimed at each other. 

      For some reason, Dean Winchester and I had never gotten along. Sam was one of my closest friends, but I could not stand Dean. He acts like he's all that, and it grinds my gears. 

      When we arrived in Jackson, Mississippi, we found a cheap hotel to stay at. Sam had called and explained most of the case to me before they picked me up. There were a few vampires that have been reeking havoc for about a week straight. Twenty-one people are dead. 

      Since so many had been killed, Sam and Dean knew that they couldn't handle this case alone. That's where I came in. I was known for being one of the best hunters out there when it came to vampires. My little sister was killed by one when I was seventeen. Since then, I've trained myself to kill those sons of bitches. The plan was that we would find where they lived and gank them as soon as possible, which was tonight. 

      As I limped into the motel room, blood ran down the side of my face. Behind me, Dean entered the room, angrier than I had ever seen him. Sam, who had came in ahead of me, wordlessly headed towards the bathroom to shower. 

      "Were you even trying, Melissa?" Dean shouted, causing me to turn around. I glared at him fiercely, sitting down. The back of my calf had been cut open, and was temporarily covered by a t-shirt that I had tied around it. 

      "Of course I was!" I yelled back. How could he accuse me of not trying? He was the one who barely did anything! 

      "Well it sure didn't look like it!" he accused. 

      "Yeah? And who saved your ass tonight?" I shot back. 

      "I was doing fine on my own," he growled. That was typical of him. He had too much pride to admit that someone had saved him. 

      "Don't lie to yourself, Dean," I laughed without humour, "If I hadn't chopped that son of bitch's head off, you'd be dead! Or worse, you'd be a damn bloodsucker!" 

      "I bet you feel real proud, playing hero and all," Dean grumbled. I ignored him, not wanting to talk to him anymore. Dean stepped closer to my chair, so I stood up to walk away. As I turned my back, he grabbed my arm firmly, but not enough so to hurt me. 

     "Let go of me Dean," I demanded. He didn't, and turned me around so that I was facing him. 

     "You can't just walk away from an argument, Melissa. It won't solve anything," he told me. 

      "I'm done trying to solve your problems, Dean!" I retorted, "I don't know why you hate me so much! I never did anything to you! So whatever problems you have with me, figure them out on your own because I'm done!" 

      In one swift movement, Dean leaned down and pressed his lips against mine, preventing me from saying anything else. I felt my eyes widen, then slowly close. My hand made its way to the back of his neck, pulling him closer as he gripped my waist. 

     If you had told me this morning that I would be making out with Dean Winchester, I would have laughed, but right now it seemed so natural. He began to pull away, so I reluctantly did the same. We were both a bit short of breath, but I had a feeling that neither of us minded too much.

      "What was that?" I asked him. 

      "An apology," he replied, "I never should have treated you the way I did." 

      "Then why did you?" I questioned, moving my hand from his neck to his chest. It lifted and fell as he sighed deeply.

     "Because I was angry," he told me, "I wanted you, but I couldn't have you."

     "Why not?" I inquired, moving my gaze from one eye to the other.

     "Because we're hunters, Melissa! Every time a hunter starts a relationship, something bad happens," he answered, "Especially when I'm involved."

     "Well, I don't exactly have the best history with relationships either. Seems like we're both cursed," I laughed gently, "It's no reason not to try, though. We'll have each other's backs."

     "So, if I asked you to stay and hunt with Sam and I, would you?" Dean asked, biting his lip nervously. Reaching up, I ran my thumb over his now swollen lip.

     "Of course I would," I responded. I put my hands on either side of his face and pulled him towards me, kissing him passionately.

     "I've missed something, haven't I?" Sam assumed, walking out of the bathroom. Dean and I broke away, turning to look at the younger Winchester.

     "Yeah, Sammy, you did."