I've Waited Many Tuesdays ~ Sam Winchester

Tuesday repeated itself over and over again, with each day ending in the death of either Dean, his brother or Zamaria, his closest friend. Sam didn't know how much more he could take. 

     He had to watch the two people he cared most about die again and again and there was nothing he could do to stop it.

     Sam jolted awake and sat up, hearing the far too familiar Asia song.

     Heat of the moment.

     "Rise and shine, Sammy," Zamaria called from the bathroom. Her words were mumbled slightly because of the toothbrush that was in her mouth.

     Sam pulled the blanket off of his body, revealing his undershirt and boxers. He quickly pulled on a plaid button up shirt and a pair of jeans.

     A while later, the three hunters were at the diner. Dean and Zamaria were eating, while Sam sat there, staring at a man in a business suit who sat on one of the counter stools. 

     Dean and Zamaria were confused; Sam was acting weird.

     "So you think you're caught in some kind of what, again?" Dean broke the silence that had surrounded them.  

     "Eat your breakfast," Sam snapped, glancing at his companions before looking back at the man. When the man stood up, Sam followed, carrying a brown bag in his hands. There was a determined look in his eyes.

     "What's in the bag?" Zamaria called as she and Dean followed the youngest Winchester. Before leaving, Dean threw down enough money onto the table to cover their meal.

     The man walked down the street, paying no mind to the three people following him. It wasn't long before Sam grabbed him, slamming him into a fence. He pointed the tip of a wooden stake at the pedestrian's throat.

     "Hey!" the man exclaimed, fear evident in his voice.

     "I know who you are. Or should I say, what," Sam told him. 

     "Oh my god, please don't kill me!" Sam ignored the plea. 

     "Uh Sam?" Dean started, but Sam cut him off.

     "It took me a hell of a long time, but I got it."

     "What?" the man asked, too afraid to say any more.

     "It was your M.O. that gave you away," Sam continued, as if no one had interrupted him, "Going after pompous jerks, giving them their just desserts? Your kind loves that, don't they?"

     "Yeah, sure, okay," the man stuttered, looking down nervously at the stake with was still against his neck, "Just put the stake down."

     "Sam maybe you should-" Zamaria began.

     "No!" Sam yelled at her, making her shrink back slightly. Every time he got angry, she was frightened. He almost looked sorry, but carried on with the man before he could break his mask of hidden emotions. "There's only one creature powerful enough to be doing what you're doing. Making reality out of nothing. Sticking people in time loops. In fact, you pretty much have to be a god. You'd have to be a trickster."

     "Mister, my name is Ed Coleman. My wife's name is Amelia and I got two kids. For crying out loud, I sell ad space," the man was trembling.

     "Don't lie to me!" Sam roared, "I know what you are. We've killed one of your kind before."

     Slowly, 'Ed Coleman's' face shifted into the all too familiar face of the Trickster.

     "Actually bucko, you didn't," he smirked at us.