The Supermarket ~ Misha Collins

I was walking through the supermarket in my hometown, Vancouver, British Columbia, when I saw a little boy running around. He wasn't very old; about three years old maybe. As I shopped, he would seem to pop out of nowhere.
     I noticed that there was two men and a woman with him. One of the men and the woman were holding cameras, so I assumed that the other man was the boy's father. They looked slightly similar, but the boy's hair was blond and the man's was black.
     I was looking at one of the shelves, deciding what type of pasta I was going to buy, when I felt a light tap on my leg. I turned and saw the little boy standing there. The men and the woman were at the other end of the isle. The boy's father was speaking to one of the cameras.
     I squatted down to the boys level, smiling kindly at him. He didn't say anything. Instead, he pointed to the pasta.
     "What do you need, sweetheart?" I asked him, watching as he jumped up to see the different bags. He stopped and put his hands up, waiting patiently to be picked up. I was surprised; I had never even seen this child before. Hesitantly, I picked him up and rested him on my hip. One by one, I showed him each of the bags and told him what they were. He picked which one he wanted, and I put him down, watching him run back to his father.
     It was only then that I noticed that they were filming me with their cameras. They all approached me as I set a bag of pasta in my basket.
     "Thanks for helping him," the boy's father said to me, smiling as he extended his hand for me to shake, "I'm Misha, and this is my son, West." He motioned down to the little boy, who was trying to eat the pasta raw. He seemed determined that he would eat it, since you could probably hear him crunching five isles away. I shook the man's hand.
     "No problem. I'm Alisha," I introduced, trying to ignore the cameras.
     "He isn't usually like that with strangers," Misha told me, looking down at his son. I noticed there was no wedding ring on his finger. For some reason, it made me happy. But then again, most men don't wear their wedding rings anymore. We sparked up a conversation as we followed West around. Misha would speak to the cameras every now and then, but other than those few occasions, he and I were chatting away.
     "You seem tense," I commented, watching him carefully. He shrugged.
     "I guess I'm always like that when I go out. I try to hide it, and it usually works, but I guess you noticed," he replied, putting whatever West had handed him in the cart.
     "If you don't mind me asking, why are you always tense?" I questioned, not understanding.
     "Well, I've heard about other celebrities being recognized and being mobbed, so I'm always cautious. It's never happened to me before, but you never know," he responded.
     "Other celebrities?" I inquired, furrowing my eyebrows. What does he mean by 'other celebrities'?
     "I'm an actor," he explained, "I play Castiel on Supernatural." I could see it now. I had watched a few episodes of Supernatural here and there when one of my friends would make me. Other than that, I hadn't really watched much of it.
     "Oh, I remember now. One of my friends is obsessed with that show," I laughed, "what's all this for, anyway?" I motioned towards the many items that were in his cart.
     "Westie and I do a little show on YouTube called 'Cooking Fast and Fresh with West'," he grinned, "today we're making pasta and sauce," he told me, pushing the cart towards the checkout. I stood in line after him. Once the cashier was finished with them and started packing up my items, Misha turned to me. "Well, it was nice to meet you, Alisha," he smiled, loading the groceries into his cart. I felt small arms wrap around my legs. West stood beside me, hugging me. He let go, and Misha picked him up, placing him in the child's seat in the cart. "Maybe we could meet up again sometime," Misha said to me. I nodded in agreement, smiling up at him. He continued, "How does next Saturday sound?"
     "It sounds great," I told him.
     "Great! We'll see you next Saturday," he confirmed, pushing his cart out the exit. Moving to see around him, West stuck his hand out to wave at me. I smiled and waved back, watching as their figures, along with the camera man and woman's, as they left the building.