I'm Not Gonna Watch You Die Too ~ Dean Winchester

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Dean questioned me. I was sitting on one of the beds in the motel we were currently staying in. I was loading a gun silently, getting ready for when we head out tonight.
     "What does it look like I'm doing? I'm getting ready for tonight," I told him calmly, looking up at him. He was standing near the door, which he had entered and closed only moments before. His fists were clenched along with his jaw.
     "You're not going tonight," he said, making me pause for a moment.
     "What do you mean I'm not going tonight?" I stood up, placing the gun on the bed.
     "I mean you're not going tonight," his voice was stern.
     "Why not?" I asked, crossing my arms. I'm sure I looked like a spoiled brat that wasn't getting her way, but I didn't really care. He can't just march in here and tell me that I can't help him and Sam on a hunt.
     "Because it's too dangerous," he answered, taking a beer out of the fridge. I scoffed at his reply, making him look at me.
     "Do I look like a little girl Dean?" I questioned. I had been training since I was eight. I knew what I was doing.
     "Look, I don't want to argue with you. You aren't going."
     "Give me one good reason, Dean. And don't you dare say that it's 'too dangerous.'" I demanded. He made his way over to me and stood about two feet away, sipping his beer.
     "I said you aren't going," he argued.
     "And I told you to give me a reason," I shot back, uncrossing my arms. I placed them on my hips as I awaited his answer.
     He had been acting strange lately. He had been more irritable.
     He sat his beer down on the small table beside him. "You want a reason? Fine! I'll give you a reason!" he looked me straight in the eyes, "I've watched nearly every person I've ever loved or cared for die. And I'm not gonna watch you die too."
     I was taken back by his answer. I wasn't expecting him to give me an answer like that.
     "Look, Dean. I'll be careful, I promise." I saw tears begin to form in his eyes.
     "Yeah, Dad said he'd be careful too. So did Sam, Bobby and Cas. And look where they are. I mean, Sam might be here now, but he's died too many times to count and someday, I wont be able to bring him back." His voice cracked.
     I couldn't reply to that. I stepped forward and threw my arms around him, hugging him. His face rested in the crook of my neck. I could feel Dean's tears as they fell onto my shoulder.
     "It'll be okay, Dean," I finally told him. We both knew it wasn't true, but we just savored the silence that surrounded us.