In the future - Kitsune! Craig Tucker × Child ! Reader

Start from the beginning

But Craig couldn't wait when his friend comes back from his vacation but the thing was ...

He wasn't told when his friend would come back .

For all he knew , his friend could potentially come back to the shrine the next 2 years or so or worse case scenario , he abandoned his duty as a shrine god and left it to him . Craig shudder at the thought , he didn't want to remain being in charge of the shrine for the rest of his life .

He pushed the thought away , his friend wouldn't do that , he wouldn't abandoned his duties . Yes , he wouldn't . Till then , he'll juts have to put up with being the shrine god .

The next day ~

Craig had decided to take a walk in the forest early in the day , to get rid of the thoughts of yesterday and seeing as no villagers would be in the mountain forest early in the morning , he thought it wouldn't do him any harm from revealing his true form . So , that was what he did , no harm right ?

Well ... he should've check properly whether there was anybody besides himself wondering about in the forest , which was why he froze when he felt someone tug the bottom of his kimono amd spoke .

"Hey mister , can I touch your tail ? It looks fluffy . "

Craig turned around to see the little girl that bumped into him the previous day looking at him with a sparkle in her eyes as her hand remains on his kimono . What was he supposed to do in this type of situation ? Is he going to run away or was he to kill a inoccent child ?

He shooked his head at the last part , no , he wasn't going to do that , that would be against his morals and his dignity . But before he could reply to the question the little girl wanted , he felt hands touching his tail like there was no tomorrow .

"Woah ! It's fluffier than I expected ... "

But Craig sighed a bit , he realised that this child was aloof to notice that he was a Kitsune . But what she said next shocked him .

"... Can you be my pet ? "

Pet ...

PET ?!

"What makes you think you can bring me home and make me your pet ? I'm not a dog nor a cat you know ! "

"Eh ? Your not ? But you got a tail and animal-like ears . How can you not be considered as a pet ? "

'This child ... '

Has this child not been thought about Kitsune ? What has her parents been teaching her ? How to be the perfect housewife ?

But he decided to just chill , maybe her parents forgot or maybe they weren't on earth anymore . So he asked her where were her parents and he swore he wanted to fall to the ground and roll down the hill .

"Huh ? My parents ? They're with my older sister , shopping for clothes . "

Shopping ? They would leave their potentially youngest child , alone , wondering in the forest , just waiting for someone or something to kidnap ,  murder, rape or even scarifice her while they shop for clothes for their oldest child ?! What the hell ?!

But in the meantime , he should help take care of their kid while they're being irresponsible and maybe kill some time while playing with her , seeing as he really has nothing to do in the morning .

So , Craig walked around the forest with the little girl still holding onto his tail . It was annoying at first but he learnt to deal with it , seeing as he'll only be around her till she leaves . And he had to say , he really enjoyed the time they spent together walking arpund the forest . They got to know each other and even played by a lake near-by .

But sadly , it was getting dark and the child told Craig that she had to go back home , if not , she'll worry her parents . Though Craig was a bit sad that she was leaving , he said his farewells as he really didn't want villagers to send a search party for the little girl , he wanted peace afterall  .

"But I promise that I'll come find you and play with you mister ! I  had a fun time today and I really would like if we could play more often but I don't really know how to fimd you ... "

Craig let out a soft laugh as he patted the child's head .

"How about this , whenever you want to play with me , you'll just have to wait at the entrance of the shrine . "

"Which shrine ? "

"The shrine of wealth and prosperity , I'll meet you there , okay ? "

The child thought about it for a moment before her face lit up .

"Okie ! I'll be there ! "

Craig hummed at her response before he remembered something , he hadn't ask for her name .

"My name ? Well it's (Y/n) ! How about yours mister ? "

"Me ? Well , you can just call me Craig . "

A few weeks later ~

"So Craig ? Ever thought about settling down ? "

Craig shrugged his shoulder as he took a sip of sakè . Wendy pouted at his response , honestly , this man was almost impossible to get an answer from .

"Are you sure ? You must have been at least thought about it before and you must've seen some beauties in your years . "

"Are you suggesting that I'm like Kenny , Wendy ? If you must , I do have someone in mind but ... "

"But what ? "

Craig sighed , Wendy was still as persistant as usual .

"She's not of age yet , that's why . "

"But you do plan to marry her when she does reach the right age , right ? "

"Yes , of course Wendy . I'll just have to wait patiently till then . In the future , I'll make sure she'll be my bride and if anyone stands in my way , I'll just have to eliminate them . Simple as that . "

Wendy sighed , Craig really hasn't changed much .