Through The Dark

Through The Dark

Chapter Seventy-Nine: Best Worst Mistake

I couldn't believe I was going to be Mrs. Hudson. I told Finn I was going to go talk to my mom and I would stop by his motel room later. I really didn't want to tell Shelby yet. I mean we just had a talk. Telling her I was engaged would be like telling her, hey I didn't hear a word you said to me so I went to Central Park and got married to Finn. I just couldn't tell her. Not now.

I got to my apartment door and before walking in I took a deep breath and I took the ring off my finger before slipping it into my purse. When I walked in I saw Shelby cooking, "Welcome back! How was Central Park fairytale?" She said wiping her hands off on a dishtowel. "It was great..." I said with a small smile before thinking of something. It was my 17th birthday this weekend. That is a perfect reason for Shelby to let me go back to Ohio for a few days!

"My friend Finn was just telling me about a party my friends back in Ohio were throwing me this weekend for my 17th Birthday!" I said with fake excitement because I knew they weren't. "Well that sounds fun..." Shelby responded with a smile. "So does that mean I can go?" I asked. "Well of course! It's your birthday not mine!" She smiled and set the table. "You are the best!" I said before hugging her. "I know..." She said jokingly. "Now sit down and eat so you can go pack!" Shelby said. This may just be the best worst mistake.