Through The Dark

Though The Dark

Chapter Twenty-Three: Need You Now

When I got home from school that day, all I wanted to do was cry. I couldn't believe what Finn did. It shattered my heart because, I actually liked him a lot, and thought he was the one but, obviously he wasn't. All I wanted was a little time, a little break to get over my past. I didn't want him to just go hook up with Quinn the very next day, and I wish he understood that but he didn't. I guess that just tells you what kind of a guy he really is.

I stayed in my room the whole night. I refused to come out and I refused to talk to my dad's. All I wanted to do was drown in my own tears. As I was laying there on my bed I heard my cell phone start to ring. It was across the room on my desk. I didn't really feel like getting up but, I was curious to see who it was. I got up and walked over to the desk, looking at my phone screen. "BLOCKED is calling..." It read. Why would a blocked number be calling me? I wondered to myself. Then again, I was curious. I answered, "Hello?" I said quietly, sniffling a little. "Hey there Rachel..." The guys voice said. "W-who is this?" I asked nervously. "Let's just say we had a really fun night in a motel..." He spoke. I lost air and my whole body shivered when hearing the words. It couldn't be... how... I was speaking to the man who raped me. Finn, I need you now.