Through The Dark

Through The Dark

Chapter Two: Don't Speak.

There is a difference between fear and worry. Fear is being scared of something or someone. Worry just causes the fear. Worrying makes the fear much worse. Worry of something happening to you all over again. Worry of going through all of the hurt and pain again. Worry of not being able to get over the fear. Worry of your life never being the same again.

"Rachel get up cupcake! It's time to go to your first day at McKinley High School!" I heard my dad say with excitement. The word school made me cringe. I didn't want to go. I didn't want to go anywhere. I felt safe. Safe right here in my bed. I groaned and sat up rubbing my eyes, "Do I have to?" I said with no emotion. "You can't sit in your room and rot all day! Everything will be fine, trust me." My dad responded and walked out if my room. Trust... a word that wasn't even in my vocabulary anymore. I don't believe in trust. Not anymore.

I dressed how I usually would for school... a dress, knee high socks, and flats. I was going to go in a sweatpants and shirt but I mean, I'm still Rachel Berry. After a few minutes of driving we were in front of the High School I would try to make a new life at. I looked at my dad. He looked back with a sincere look. "Rachel listen, try to make it a good day. You will do great, I know it. You are my star. I love you. Go shine." I smiled a little back and got out of the car walking toward the building. One rule I had for myself today, don't speak.