Through The Dark

Through The Dark

Chapter Forty-Three: Jessie's Girl

I waited outside of the office for Finn. He came out a few minutes later, "What the hell happened?" I said right when I saw him. "Rachel, I'm sorry! I was just trying to protect you!" Finn said gently back. "You call making one of my FRIENDS unconscious protecting me?" I said angrily. "I said I'm sorry! I was stupid! Please don't be angry with me!" He responded. "I want you to take me to the hospital to see Jesse!" I said taking Finns keys out of his pocket. "Let's go!" I said still pretty pissed.

We walked into the hospital and I went up to the front desk. "Jesse St. James?" I said to the lady. "I'll see if he can have visitors. Please just take a seat." She said with a smile before walking off. I took a seat by Finn. I leaned back in the chair as he said forward with his face in his hand. "What is your punishment?" I asked. "Well since it was my first time doing anything wrong, I have one week suspension but, they also signed me up to see a therapist for anger management..." Finn said looking at his feet. I leaned back up to be by him. "Listen, I think you need some space... I'm not saying we are breaking up but, I'm saying it will be good when I go back to my house tonight. You are being too responsible for my problems. I need to handle some on my own." I said rubbing his back. He nodded a little. "I still love you just as much though." I said. He smiled, "I love you too."

The lady came back down telling me that Jesse was fine for visitors. I stood up, "Wait here for me?" I asked Finn. "Yes I will." He smiled. I smiled back before making my way to the hospital room that Jesse is in. "Hi..." I quietly walking in. Jesse smiled, "So glad to see you Rachel..." He had two black eyes and his nose and upper lip were scratched up. I sat down on the chair next to the hospital bed. "I'm sorry for Finn..." I said embarrassed. "Ah it's fine... I guess he just needed to let it out." Jesse responded. "That's no reason for him to hit you." I said rubbing my thumb over his face gently. He nodded. "Well you make it better..." He smiled. I smiled and blushed a little back. Our faces were so close and I don't even know why. But just like that Jesse cupped both of my cheeks and kissed me and surprisingly... I kissed back. What's happening? I'm Finn's girl. Not "Jessie's" Girl.