Through The Dark

Through The Dark

Chapter Forty-Four: Alone

I pulled away from Jesse's lips quickly. "I'm sorry... I have to go!" I said. I was out the door before Jesse could even say anything. What did I just do? Why did I do that? I feel terrible! I knew I couldn't tell Finn. I made my way back to the lobby and saw Finn sitting in the same place looking at his phone. "Hey babe. Ready?" I said. He looked up from his phone and smiled, "Yeah!" Finn stood up and wrapped a arm around my waist as we walked out. "How was the visit?" He asked. "It was... great!" I responded with a fake smile.

We were in Finns truck when I got a call from my dad's, "Hey sweetie!" My dad said. "Hey dad! I miss you both so much! Can't wait to see you tonight!" I said with a smile. "About that Rachel... our plane got delayed and they had to reschedule our flight! We won't be able to make it home for a few more days..." My dad said sadly. "Awe.. okay." I said bummed. "I talked to Mrs. Hudson and you can stay there a few more days!" He said. "Alright... well I guess I will see you then. Love you. Goodnight." I said hanging up. "What did they say?" Finn asked as he was driving. "They won't be home for a few more days..." I said. "Aw, I'm sorry Rach... I know you were excited about seeing them tonight..." Finn looked at me. "It's fine..." I said back. "I'll have to stay at your house a little longer." I continued. "Oh, well I'm completely fine with that." He smirked. I smiled back.

When I got back to the house I went straight to the guest room I was staying in. I needed to think. Alone. I wanted to tell Finn about me kissing Jesse... but if I did, it would crush him but if I didn't it would crush me. Here I am, sitting, thinking, all alone.