Through The Dark

Through The Dark
Chapter Seventy-Six: You Keep Me Hangin' On
I snuck out of Brody's apartment before he woke up and went back home. When I walked in Shelby was sitting there. "Hello Rachel... where have you been?" She said gripping onto the handle of her coffee. "Oh um hi mom... I was just... at a friends house." I said nervously. "Male or female?" She asked as her eyes widened. I laughed awkwardly, "ha ha ha ha. You are too funny." I said. "Rachel." Shelby said seriously. "Male..." I sighed. "Oh Rachel Rachel Rachel... come sit by me." She said patting the spot next to her.

I sat by my mom and looked at her, "Yes?" I said pretty disappointed in myself. "Listen Rachel, I don't want to be that uncool mom but, you are only sixteen years old. I don't want you getting caught up with boys already, I want you enjoying your own life and going for your own dreams. Boys.... boys are confusing. I don't want one running your life." She spoke. Her words really sunk in. "You are right. Thank you." I said before hugging her. "Speaking of boys... those flowers came for you." Shelby said pointing to the bouquet on the table. I smiled and hopped up to look at the flowers.

They were the same kind of flowers Finn gave me on our first date. Gardenias. They were beautiful and perfectly white. I smelt them before finding the card that read, "Give me just a little more infinity? Meet me at Central Park at noon please :)" I smiled at the card. It wasn't even signed but I just knew it was Finn. You keep me hangin' on.