Through The Dark

Through The Dark

Chapter Seventeen: Be Okay

It's been about two weeks of dating Finn and it was official... we were madly in love. He picks me up every morning to take me to school so my dad's didn't have to. It was Friday morning and I was all ready to go. My phone buzzed. Text Message- Finn❤️: Here babe😘 I smiled at the text before grabbing my books and heading outside to his truck. I got in and gave him a good morning kiss. "You look beautiful as always..." He smiled. "You are too sweet..." I blushed and smiled back. "Have any tests today?" He questioned. "Thankfully, no! Why?" I answered, smiling. He smirked, "Great... We aren't going to school!" He pulled out of my driveway. "What? Where are we going?" I looked at Finn. "To the river! I don't wanna go to school! Let's just go have fun!" He smiled at me. "Normally I would never ditch school because I am such a good girl... but because I love you... let's go!" I smiled brightly and turned on the radio.

After a little bit of driving we got to the river. I hopped out of the truck along with Finn. "What are we even going to do?" I said looking around. He took my hand, "Come on!" We went onto the dock, where a bunch of boats were. "You have a boat here?" I smiled. "Mmhm!" He said pulling out the keys to it. We got onto the little boat. I sat down in one of the seats and watched Finn as he untied the boat from the dock. He sat in the drivers seat and started the boat up. We rode around for awhile, talking, listening to music, and just enjoying each other. Finn stopped the boat in the middle of the river. "Enjoying yourself?" He smiled at me. "Wayyyy better than school!" I smiled back. Finn leaned over to me, "Sometimes being a bad girl isn't that bad." He smirked before kissing me. I kissed back, smiling. We kept kissing as I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around my waist. The kiss had so much passion, so much heat, it was perfect. I pulled away slowly, biting my bottom lip and smiling. "You are perfect Rach."

We rode around the river a little more before coming to a stop again. "Come on! We are getting in!" Finn said standing up. "But it's going to be freezing and I don't have my swimsuit!" I whined. "Don't be a baby, babe!" He smiled before pulling his shirt off and jumping in. "Come on Rach! The water is great!" He splashed me. "Hey! That's cold!" I yelled. "Get in! Get in!" Finn pouted. "Fine... Turn around!" I said. He turned around as I pulled off my shirt and slid down my skirt. "Cannonball!" I yelled jumping in. I came back up from underwater. "It's freeeeezing Finn!" I shivered. "Here, come here." He said wrapping his arms around me tightly. I leaned my head against his chest as we floated in the water and I knew everything, as long as I was with Finn, was going to be okay.