Through The Dark

Through The Dark

Chapter Sixty-One: Human Nature

I sat by my window wrapped up in a blanket. I starred at the dark clouds forming in the sky. Nature amazed me because one moment its so bright and happy and the next its dark and scary. It reminded me of my life. So here I sat, starring out the window.

I heard the noise of a light tap on my door. I turned my head to see Finn through the crack of the door. "Come in..." I said. "Hi." He smiled, coming in. I looked up at him. "Hi." I said back with a light smile. Finn sat down next to me on the floor. "How was the lake with Noah?" I asked. "Great! Well until those clouds appeared... looks like a bad storm!" He said looking out the window before looking at me, "What are you thinking about?" Finn asked. I shrugged, "Everything really... It's been a tough couple of months." I said quietly as my voice cracked a bit. Finn looked at me sincerely, "I'm so sorry Rachel..." He said rubbing my arm. "It's okay... It's not your fault." I responded. After a few moments of sitting there we heard a big thunder rumble and I jumped into Finns arms with my blanket still wrapped around me. We both laughed and he kissed my nose.

"Are you nervous for the blood results?" Finn asked. "Not really... I haven't had any sickness and my period was on time so I think we are safe." I smiled. Finn nodded and I could tell his smile was fake. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled my body closer to his, putting the blanket a little over him as well. I placed my hand on his cheek and turned his head to look me in the eyes, "Listen Finn, I want to have babies with you. I want to have a lot of babies with you." I giggled a bit. "Just I want it to happen when we are both prepared and a little older. I want to do it when it's very special and romantic. Where we will always remember and never forget." I said before kissing him gently against the lips. I pulled back, "Okay?" "Okay." He smiled before kissing me again as we fell down on the floor. Beautiful, human nature.