Through The Dark

Through The Dark

Chapter Sixty-Three: In Your Eyes

I couldn't believe I said what I said to Rachel. I ran my hands through my hair and kicked the wall. "God I'm so stupid!" I yelled. I sat on the couch and put my head in my hands. I just sat there, thinking.

After a little bit I couldn't stand the fact that I made my beautiful girlfriend who I wanted to marry, cry. I leaned against her door and knocked, "Rach... hey listen, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to hurt your feelings..." I said gently. "Please open the door!" I pleaded. Just a minute later Rachel opened the door but she stormed right past me with a duffle bag on her shoulder.

"Wait, hold on! Where are you going?" I asked. Rachel turned toward me with hurt still in her eyes, "I'm going to stay with Quinn for a few days..." She said plainly. "Why?" I said broken. "Because, I need some space. We need some space." She swallowed. I was speechless. She gave me a little wave before walking out the door. It was like the little wave the first time I ever saw her in Spanish class only this time, no smile. We need space? We have had a lot of space since Puck was here. I'm ruining the best relationship I've ever had. I could see the hurt in your eyes.