Through The Dark

Through The Dark

Chapter Thirty-Eight: Perfect

Finn and I had the house all to ourselves since we skipped school today. After he said that we should tell the police about this whole situation it got pretty awkward between us... I was kind of mad at him and he could tell. We didn't talk and we were in separate rooms. Usually when normal teenagers are alone they do other things... but Finn and I weren't normal teenagers. We are dealing with a huge problem and I think we are both just stressed about the whole situation... so here I sit, in my room, alone.

Around noon Finn knocked on my door and came in with a nice lunch that he made just for me. He stood in the doorway holding the little lunch platter, "Hi..." he said with a shy half smile. I waved shyly and smiled back. "Hungry?" Finn asked. I nodded. "I made your favorite..." He smiled and walked over putting the platter on my lap. "You are the sweetest..." I blushed. "I'm sorry for saying you should tell someone. You only have to if you want to." He said before taking one of my hands and interlocking our fingers. "I want you to feel safe Rach... and if I have to take a bullet for you well, I would because... I love you." Finn said looking into my eyes. I looked back with so much care and passion. It was the first time he said the important three words to me. I smiled, "I love you too Finn." I said back. He smiled and kissed me. I kissed back.

After Finn said he loved me I felt so happy and I was just filled with some much joy and warmth. Well, maybe the warmth was from Finn's physical emotions because, things were getting pretty... hot. We kept kissing each other harder and harder. Finn ran his hands up and down my sides as I trailed my kisses to his neck. He was so gentle and caring. He understood we couldn't go too far. Finn was perfect.