Through The Dark

Through The Dark

Chapter Fifty-Three: Cool

I told Finn I wanted to have some alone time that night. I laid in bed starring at the ceiling. I couldn't tell Finn about the text I got. He was happy that my raper was locked up, even though he really wasn't. He was free. He was out there. Somewhere. Jesse was just drunk and stupid that night. I needed to know who was putting me through all this and why.

Being without my daddy's only made things worse. I wanted to tell Finn about everything. I wanted to be honest with him. But, I didn't want him to have to worry about me. I didn't want anyone to worry about me anymore. I finally got up and went downstairs to get some dinner. I saw Finn in the living room talking on the phone, "Really man? That would be sweet! You can totally stay here!" I heard him say into the phone. I stood there listening quietly. "My girlfriend, Rachel is staying here as well. She is going through a tough time right now. Her dad's just died in a plane crash. I'm trying to give her space." Finn said into the phone. I made some noise to let him know I was here. He turned around, "Hey just tell me when you get in Lima! I have to go right now! Bye dude" he said before hanging up. Finn half smiled, "Hello Rach! Are you hungry? We don't really have any food here... I can go out and get you something?" He asked. I walked over and sat next to him on the couch. "No I'm fine." I said with a small smile. "Who was on the phone?" I asked. "Oh that was my friend who actually moved to NYC awhile ago and he is coming here to visit!" Finn said with excitement. "Oh fun!" I said back. "Is it okay if he stays here or are you not comfortable with that?" He asked me. "No, he can! Any friend of yours is a friend of mine." I did a fake smile and looked away. No matter how terrified of knowing that there was someone still out for me, I tried my best to keep my cool.