Through The Dark

Through The Dark

Chapter Twenty-Eight: Man in the Mirror

"No! Please... Stop! Don't do that! Don't! No!" I rolled around in bed pleading. I was having a nightmare of being raped again. I woke up in a panic, breathing heavily. It was awful. This fear I felt was awful. I wrapped a blanket around me and climbed out of bed making my way to Finn's room. He was sound asleep. I sat on the edge of the bed by him and shook him softly, "Finn... Finn? Wake up." I said in a whisper. He groaned a few times before opening his eyes and rubbing them. "Rachel... What's wrong?" He sat up a little. "I had a bad dream..." I said like a 5 year old. "Awe... It's okay. Come here and lay with me for a little bit..." Finn said holding his arm out for me to snuggle in. I smiled a little and accepted his offer, snuggling into his arms. He wrapped them securely around me making me feel as safe and warm as can be. I fell quickly back asleep.

While I was asleep Finn carefully picked me up and carried me back to the guest room I was staying in. He laid me down on the bed gently and covered me with a blanket before kissing me on the forehead. "I love you Rachel Berry." He said quietly and walked out back to his room.

I woke up the next morning really happy, feeling great. I looked at my phone and saw I had a new voicemail from a blocked number. My heart sunk and my hands started to shake. I pushed the play button and put my phone up to my ear listening. "Well hello beautiful. You must be sleeping... hope you had a nice weekend. This week all the.. I mean our fun begins. Much love Rach..." The deep voice said. I threw my phone down and fought back tears. I couldn't tell Finn about the voicemail... He would make me tell my dad's or the police. I couldn't do that. A guy I didn't know was reflecting on my every move like, I have a man in the mirror.