Through The Dark

Through The Dark
Chapter Thirteen: Don't Let Go
I was a mess. A complete mess. I couldn't even pull myself together. Tears just kept coming. Finn picked me up and put me in his lap. He held me close and told me everything was going to be alright. It felt good being so close to Finn but I still just felt like crying. I needed to tell him why. I needed to tell him what happened that night but I could barely get one word out of my mouth without the constant sob taking over. I hated feeling this way. "Shh shh Rach... It's okay. It's going to be okay." Finn said running his hands through my hair.

After awhile I slowly stopped crying. "Rachel, hey, look at me." Finn said gently. I sniffled a few times before looking at him. Tears rolling down my eyes. "I'm sorry.." I whispered. "You have nothing to be sorry about..." Finn said back wiping the tears off my eyes. "Whenever you want to talk about it. We can talk about it. If you don't want to ever talk about it that's fine with me too..." He half smiled trying to cheer me up. I managed to smile a little and nod.

We went back to working on our homework. I looked back and fourth from my work to Finn. I need to tell him. I need to tell him everything. "Finn?" I said tapping my pencil against my book. He looked up from his work. "Yes?" I nodded "I want to talk about it." He smiled a little. "Of course. You have my complete attention." I took a deep breath. "Well, the reason I moved here, to Lima was not because of my dad's jobs. It's because when I was in NYC I was drugged and raped, I woke up one morning in a random motel naked, with cuts a bruises on me." I said trying not to break down again. Finn was in complete shock. "That why I have a hard time... Trusting people." I started getting teary eyed again. "Oh my god Rachel... I am so sorry to hear that." He said. "I will NEVER. Let ANYONE hurt you ever again. I will protect you." Finn assured me. With all the passion I had I leaned into Finn and kissed him. Gently at first and than harder and harder. All I was thinking was... Don't let go.