Through The Dark

Through The Dark

Chapter Twelve: Tongue Tied

I love being with Rachel. I felt like a better person with her... She was honesty the best thing that has happened to me. She made me realize there's more to life than being the most popular hotshot in the school. She tries to get me to sing with her but that wasn't going to happen... I'll just stick with football. Rachel was going on a "girls night out" thing with Quinn, Santana, and Brittany. I was really nervous for her to go. I'm afraid they are going to tell Rachel all the negative thing about me... or make up lies about me or something. I knew Quinn would.

Rachel came to my house after school to work on Spanish homework. I loved this excuse for her to come over... I suck at Spanish. I told her that we could go upstairs to my room and she just wanted to stay down at the kitchen table. She acted really shaken about the idea of being in a bedroom alone with me. Did she not feel safe? I wondered a lot of what she was thinking about... She was very skittish all the time. I wanted to ask her what was wrong but what if she didn't want to talk about it or something... I needed to ask. What kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't?

We sat at the table. I smiled and watched her as she did her homework. She was so concentrated. So adorable. "Hey Rach. Can we talk?" I asked not realizing I just gave her a nickname. She looked up from her work and at me. "Yeah of course, about what?" She smiled. "Um-uh well I was just wondering if there was anything you wanted to get off your chest or anything?" I sat up more in my seat. "You just seem a little frightened of something... or someone..." I said quietly. Rachel teared up a bit. "I-I'm fine..." I could see the hurt in her eyes. "Rach, you can talk to me..." I said trying to comfort her. She broke down. Then and there. I felt completely tongue tied.