Through The Dark

Through The Dark

Chapter Fifty-Four: Empty Handed

I was so excited my bro, Puck was coming in. He has been my best friend since grade school. He moved to NYC and I don't get to see him too much anymore. I hope Rachel was really alright with him staying here while he was in town. Puck should get here tomorrow afternoon.

It was 9PM and I feel like I never see my beautiful girlfriend anymore. She's been through a lot and I just wanted to comfort her and hold her tight. I made popcorn and brought a bunch of movies up to the guest room Rachel was staying in. I knocked on the door. "Come in!" I heard her sweet voice say. I opened the door gently, "Well don't you look gorgeous." I smiled. She smiled back, "Really? In my pjs and no make-up?" Rachel laughed. "My favorite look of yours..." I walked closer to her with the movies and popcorn. "We are having some Finchel time!" I cheered. "Finchel time?" Rachel giggled. "Yes." I smiled. "Now I have three movies to choose from, Godzilla... which is awesome. World War Z which is also awesome. And Mama Mia?" I said looking at it confused. "I have no idea what that's about!" I half smirked. "Hmmm let me think. Mama Mia!" she said immediately. "Ahhhhh! How did I not already know?" I chuckled and winked before putting the DVD in and turning off the light, crawling into the bed. I handed Rachel the popcorn and put my arm around her as the movie began. I watched as she looked so into it, singing along to every song. I kissed her head, "I love you so much." I smiled. She looked up at me and smiled back before kissing me on my lips and pulling back, "I love you so much too." She said. As long as we had each other, I knew, we would never be left empty handed.