Chapter 55: Zach

2 years later...

It's officially been a little over 2 years since lost all chances with her. On top of that our managers told us to stay away from each other, which is more difficult. She's been with Brandon for 2 years and 3 months now. Soon to be 4 months. She's happy though. I mean, what more could I want for her? For you to be with her instead of Brandon. Although, I can't be selfish. How am I supposed to forget her? I've never found a love like her's. She was the best I've ever had. Though we've been together for only 3 days, she's made me the happiest.

With Leila, I put in all the effort. After Leila and after I tried to win Sherlyn back, I didn't date anyone else. In my eyes, no one is gonna come close to amazing as her. Of course, I'm young still and I have time. Although, all the boys except Daniel have a girlfriend. Corbyn and Christina are engaged for crying out loud.

"Yo Zach, we gotta head to the studio," Corbyn said.

"Alright," I replied.

I got ready and headed out to head to the studio. Little did we know we'd see Pretty Much there. When we walked in we saw Edwin walk into a room. When he did, the lobby filled with Sherlyn's voice. Is she collaborating with them? I mean I can't complain since she's very close with them. I just sighed as I placed airpods in my ears. I listened to an old song that Sherlyn tweeted about called Mi Medicina by CNCO even though I don't fully understand it. The only thing I really know is that this girl is their medicine. Once we got the info about which room we're supposed to be in, I took my AirPods out.

"Hey Zach," I heard. "Hey boys!"

I turned to see Sherlyn, about to leave the studio. She looked beautiful. Her style hasn't changed since the last time I've seen her. She wore an outfit similar to Brandons. He wore a black graphic t-shirt, black pants, and a denim jacket.

 He wore a black graphic t-shirt, black pants, and a denim jacket

She wore a black shirt, black leggings, and a denim jacket.

"Hi," I finally spit out

"Hey, Sherlyn!" The boys all said in unison.

Brandon waved at me and also said Hi to everyone. She left with Brandon and everything felt wrong. But I guess this is my life now. I know that maybe one day, we'll become friends again but for now. It's just me and the boys. That's all I could really ask for.

A few hours later...

We called it a day and went home. Once our car parked, I got out and saw Sherlyn leaving a house crying. I know that Brandon lives near us but we were all civil. I ran towards her to see what was up. A part of me felt weird to be comforting her again but I knew that if someone ever needs anyone, you should provide that help.

"Sherlyn, what's wrong? What happened?" I frantically asked her.

"Brandon and I just got into a fight," She replied. "Nothing big,"

I sighed as I looked at her red eyes. "Are you sure it was just a fight?"

"Yes Zach, we got into an argument about our schedules," She burst out.

Before I could say anything, I heard someone running. As I looked over, I saw Brandon. That's my queue to leave. He ran over to her and hugged her. What would I do to get three years back in a flash? Anything. I wished I could have been less childish, and sadly I know that back then I acted like how any teenage boy would. Cocky, rude, narcissistic, and just childish. Once I got back inside our house, I saw all the boys making lunch. I wanted to talk to her. It's been too long.

"Zach, are you okay?" Daniel asked.

I shook my head as I sighed. "It's been 2 years. We're both 20 years old, and I still love her,"

Jonah groaned. "Dude, it might be hard but get over it. It's been 3 years since you had a freaking chance,"

I sighed. He's right. I mean how can I expect to get her back now? All of us miss her so much though. Out of the 7 of us, Daniel suffered the most. He blames me for all of it, which I understand. Daniel and Sherlyn were inseparable. Daniel truly loved Sherlyn like family. I don't think there was a time where Daniel and Sherlyn weren't talking. Before this whole incident of course.

I went upstairs to change into more comfortable clothes. Which consisted of basketball shorts and a shirt

"Zach, someone is here to finally see us!" Corbyn called me excitedly.

I cocked my eyebrow up and walked into the living room. I saw Sherlyn hugging Daniel. He was crying and so was she. I smiled at the sight of Daniel being happy. They all looked ecstatic to see her. Everyone except for me that is.

Jack was next to hug her. "We missed you,"

"I missed you guys too," She replied.

Jonah picked her up and spun her around. "So baby sis, how are you?"

Her laugh filled the house as they went out to the backyard. Time passed as we exchanged stories about the past 2 years. It got dark and Sherlyn had to go back to Brandon's house. Before she left, I grabbed her hand. Electricity ran through my veins as I came in contact with her.

She gave a closed smile before saying, "Oh hey Zach,"

"How are you and Brandon?" I questioned her. "I mean I did see you crying today,"

"Oh we're okay," She smiled. "How about you?"

I nodded. "I'm okay and that's good,"

"I gotta go, Zach, I'll see you around," She rushed.

I sighed. "Is he your forever?"

She looked back and had sadness written all over her. She shrugged and smiled a little.

"I hope so," She responded.

I knew why she felt a twinge of sadness. She felt bad for me. That's all she ever felt probably. Pity, regret, shame.

She sighed as she looked down at her hands. "You know, I hate when you do this. You imply your feelings like I'm supposed to reciprocate them and then end up being the bad guy every time I tell you the opposite of what you wanna hear,"

That made me feel worse about everything. The last thing I ever want is for her to feel like she's the bad guy. Cause she isn't bad at all, she's just human.

"I fell hard for you Sherlyn, I don't know what else to hope for and I just want you back," I explained.

"This isn't a fanfiction Zach," She chuckled. "It's not like we can write a story and change things to please ourselves,"

"I know," I muttered. "You're only human, but I need you to understand that I'm human too,"

She didn't say anything else. All she did was leave. I can't tell you how sore my heart got every time I watched her leave. It's like the feeling you get when you realize you finished your mac & cheese and want some more but there isn't any left. That's a weird comparison but that's the feeling I get when I watch her walk away.

My heart aches for her...