Prologue: Sherlyn

It's the ending of April and I'm currently at my going away party for my one year stay with my aunty in California. Hawaii felt too small for me and I knew there was more. So I packed what I could but didn't worry because I could always go shopping. I'm attending Orange County High School, as a junior. Of course, I was scared. Any new place would be scary for someone who lived in one place all their lives. My flight leaves at 3:00 am and my parents are dropping me off. I was honestly surprised that my parents allowed me to spend a year with my aunty.

Anyway, my party is at Pacific Beach Hotel's ballroom. I just have a lot of friends and family so we just ended up booking the ballroom and having it here. Even though I wanted to do it all at my mom's house, my dad argued saying that there wasn't enough room for both families. So I agreed to have it at the hotel under one condition, I invite who I want. Which meant none of my dad's girlfriend's family. I don't have anything against them but I just want all of MY family there. Of course, my dad didn't know until I told him today.

"Okay so as we wrap up tonight, I want to thank you guys for the endless support and love. LA is gonna be a huge change for me but I know I'll do fine," I start off my ending speech. My family and friend's screamed out words of encouragement, causing me to smile.

"I would like to call up some special friends to recognize so when I call up your name you can walk up the stage and stand next to me," I began. "Shyann, thank you for dealing with me since third grade and almost always encouraging me through everything. You're one of the people that I hang out with a lot and it's gonna feel weird without you. I'm gonna miss you Spot,"

Once she got up, I gave her a lei and hugged her tightly. She went to the end of the stage and stood awkwardly.

"Jasmine, thank you for allowing me to be my crazy self with you and making me realize after our William Singe and Alex Aiono concert that I need to focus more on my music. Without you or Will or Alex, I wouldn't have been able to finish my EP. I'm gonna miss you a lot," I continued. Once Jas reached the stage I gave her a lei and hugged her.

"The duo isn't over yet," She whispered and started tearing up. I smiled and hugged her once more then let her go stand by Shy.

"Dave, or Gino. Thank you for showing me that music was a way to the Lord. I remember that one day in Youth group where you forced me to sing with you guys during praise and worship. I was so scared but you calmed my nerves, Keep showing others that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. I'm gonna miss you so much," I shouted and repeated the process.

"I'll always love you Sherlyn," He whispered and kissed my cheek. How could I forget? He liked me back when we were in 8th grade. I smiled and continued by calling three more people up.

"These six people are the people who were there for me day in and day out. I couldn't ask for better friends," I say and everyone clapped.

They went to sit down and I sighed. Time to do my thank you's to my parents and siblings.

"I'd like to call my immediate family up," I pleaded.

My mom, dad, sisters, and brothers looked so confused. Although they came up. I removed the microphone from the stand and walked down to the dance floor. My dad held my little sister Emily while my two little brothers are standing by his legs. My mom was holding my little sister's hand as my step brother and older sister stood next to each other.

"I would like to say thank you for everything guys. Especially to my mommy and daddy. You two are the sole reason why I'm born into this world with a passion for making music. I'd like to thank my two older siblings. Chas and Keoni. You guys always make me happy and it's the fuel to all my happier songs. To my littlest siblings, Emily, Stef, and Sky. I'll be home before you know it, thank you, boys, for making me happy even when I was crying in the corner of our room. To my little sibling, Audrey, be nice to Chas and Keoni and study hard. Thank you for making me laugh sometimes but most of the time you'd just annoy me. But I love you guys," I say and smile.

I group hugged with my mom's side of the family and then with my dad's side. Once they got back to their seats, I announced that the dance floor was open and dope remixes started playing. I was dragged by my friends to the photo booth almost right after I put the microphone back. I laughed as I took photo booth pictures with all my friends. It was basically 3 pictures and a picture of me on the side that says "See You Soon Sherlyn <3 IV.XXX.MMXVII"

The whole night was so fast paced. Dancing and singing at the top of our lungs. The night was young. But soon the party ended and all of my family and friends left. Both my dad and mom got separate rooms on the same floor. My older brother, older sister, and little sister shared one room also. It was only 11 pm so I quickly showered, changed and took a nice 3-hour nap.

-3 hours later-

I woke up due to my siblings jumping on the bed and shaking me. I forgot they were all going to the airport to drop me off. I sighed as I went to brush my teeth and put on my shoes. I stayed in my leggings and grey t-shirt I used to sleep. I had my Nike windbreaker on too, just in case it got cold out. 

My mom had all my documents so I could travel without an adult and my dad paid for first class and the extra expense to be able to travel without an adult

My older brother rolled my suitcases out. I only had two to worry about and they both have tags. I had my backpack that had my hairbrush, laptop, mpk mini, microphone, and battery chargers (along with my phone and laptop chargers) and my ukulele. I was also vlogging even though I looked like a mess. My older sister was holding my guitar which made me feel bad but I'll be carrying it when I get to LA. Once we got everything and everyone in the car, we headed to the airport.

It wasn't long till I was saying goodbye to the people I love most. My older sister was vlogging me saying goodbye to my mommy and daddy. I was crying and so was my mom and dad. I went to say goodbye to my little siblings and then to my older siblings while they take turns vlogging for me. Soon enough, I was being escorted by security to my gate and I was waiting to board the plane.

Bye, for now, Hawaii, See you soon LA