Chapter 44: Sherlyn

Spa day with Ayla was a blast. We got our nails done, facials, we did a peel-off mask, got foot massages, and got our eyebrows and legs waxed. We talked about what's next in both of our careers and what the next project will be. It was all well until she brought up Zach.

"Are you and Zach gonna date?" She bluntly asked.

"I don't know Ayla, I love him but I don't think our schedules will work out for us," I sighed. "Even with the plane tickets, we'll both be busy and when we're not busy we'll be in the same place anyway so it's okay,"

"Are you ready for a relationship though?" She tried to further understand.

"I don't know Ayla. I'm young and he's young, I don't see a reason to rush the whole dating thing," I tried to help her see my perspective.

"I totally understand where you're coming from," She agreed with my side. "You just have to be careful how you explain this to Zach,"

"I know, what's worse is that they're touring soon. I can't go because I have an audition and if I get callbacks then I'll won't have time to see them," I groaned.

"Take your time okay? I know he'll understand," She guaranteed.

I nodded and just relaxed. The whole spa day was fun, I guess. Once Ayla and I got home, I took my medicine again because my chest was hurting a lot. A knock comes at my door and before I could get up, Ayla got it. It was the Why Don't We boys, Brendan, Logan, Mark, and Jeff. Zach came to me and gently gave me a hug.

"How was your spa day?" Zach asked.

"Good, I didn't paint my nails though," I answered. "How was guys day?"

"Dope! We went to the skate park and ate at Jimmy John's and a bunch of hot girls talked to the boys!" Logan said.

"Zach liked this chick who was skateboarding," Corbyn told all of us.

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat but listened to them as they told me about their day. Did Zach actually check out another girl? After what happened? I confessed my love for him but he goes to check another girl out? I got up and to my room since I couldn't continue listening to him talk about how she can pop ollies and stuff. I felt the bed sink only to see Daniel.

"You okay?" He asked.

"He doesn't really love me, does he?" I asked while tearing up.

He just sighed and pulled me into a hug. I cried on his shoulder, covering my mouth so my sobs weren't loud enough for everyone to hear. He gently rubbed my back as all the tears soaked his shoulder. The words 'It's okay' was whispered repeatedly as he kissed my temple. Daniel is always the person go to when I cry.

"Sherlyn, we're abo- what's wrong?" Zach suddenly stopped his sentence to ask.

"Dude, get out," Daniel said without looking at him.

"Sherlyn, are you okay?" Zach asked me.

I stood up and pushed him. I kept pushing him until Daniel pulled me back. I was so angry but hurt at the same time. Logan tried to take me to the room but I resisted. Zach just looked at me. Acting as if he wasn't at fault.

"You lied to me?" I accused him while I continued to fight Logan's grip. "Saying you love me then talk about a girl from the skatepark that intrigues you. Saying that you got her number and are planning to hang out with her,"

"Sherlyn I can explain," He sighed.

"I'm so tired of loving you, Zach. You continue to hurt me and yet I somehow come back and still love you," I truthfully told him.

I stood still and looked at him. He seemed disappointed in himself. My mind reminded me that if he said sorry, to remember he doesn't mean it. He was only sorry he got caught.

"I don't think we should see each other anytime soon, Sherlyn. We're just not right for each other," Zach told me. "We're young and maybe if we cross paths again we can try again,"

He walked away. Corbyn and Jonah followed Zach to check on him. Daniel and Jack stayed with me and comforted me. I fell to the ground crying. Why me? God, please give me the strength. Logan went to talk to Zach and Ayla stayed with me to make sure things don't go wrong. I cried more than ever. It was a terrible feeling to get your heart ripped in half again. Maybe love isn't for me.

"Shhh, it's okay," Jack repeated. "Things will be okay,"

"Honeygirl, breathe," Daniel tried to help.

Ayla wiped away my tears with a napkin but it was pointless. There's no way the tears would stop, no matter how hard I tried. Was this all a game to him? Was I just a pawn to dispose of? Who knew. I got up and went to my room. I locked it before anyone could come in and cried alone. My body leaned against the door and slid down.

Who knew the only one I love so much could be my assassin. It takes an inside job to attack one so resilient to emotional injury. That is my heartbreak, to know him is the tool of my greatest pain, my lover. I could be hurt in any way by another and still bounce right back, but him... but he... can do far worse with just a few small words. I don't think he means them, so I end up falling back into his trap. In a way that makes it worse.

"Sherlyn," Logan called weakly. "Open the door Bubba, we wanna make sure you're okay. Just open up,"

I was in too much pain to move. The pain was consuming everything within me. Movements, thoughts, speech, and sight. I couldn't move, I couldn't think of anything except for what he said, I probably couldn't respond without it sounding like I was dying, and I couldn't see anything through the tears. The feeling of being empty and alone was just unexplainable.

"Sherlyn, it's Ayla and Daniel. Open up honey," Ayla called through the door.

"Maybe we should leave her alone for a day. We can all stay at my place and wait for tomorrow," Logan suggested.

Soon the front door closed. Triggering me into sobbing louder. The slamming front door is like a reminder that he left me for someone he just met. How does one do that? Just confess their love one day, then take it back the next. How do you go from I love you to I'm leaving you? I don't understand.

Please come back to me...