Chapter 48: Sherlyn

It was now 4:30 pm and we're still all at my apartment. I was getting ready to leave when someone knocked on my bathroom door.

"You ready?" Daniel asked.

"Not sure if I look good," I hesitantly replied.

"Get out of the bathroom and show me what I'm working with," Daniel laughed.

I let out a little chuckle and unlocked the bathroom door. I walked out and showed my outfit. Tonight, I went for something simple; a white long sleeve with elbow cut outs, shorts, and Volcom slippers.

 Tonight, I went for something simple; a white long sleeve with elbow cut outs, shorts, and Volcom slippers

"You look breathtaking," Daniel said shocked.

"Oh shush," I giggled and hit his arm.

"Hey! it's true!" he chuckled. "You're absolutely stunning and I'm happy to see you happy,"

"Thanks, Danny boy," I smiled.

I jumped up and gave him a hug. He caught me easily as I wrapped my legs around him. He stood there for a while and pulled me in tighter. Daniel is the only person I talked to in the two years. He became my best friend and now we're inseparable.

Daniel put me down carefully and we decided to hit Santa Monica Pier. From my apartment, it takes half an hour to a 1 hour and we wanted to get there before sunset so we could all take cute pictures. August obviously wanted new shots also so we were gonna be his models.

"Okay! Get in the Yeti!" Logan yelled.

We all left and went to the parking garage. There was 7 of us and I don't even think we were gonna fit. Although we did! Logan and Brendan were in the very front of the car, Jack, Jonah, and Corbyn were in the middle, leaving Daniel and I in the very back. I personally like the very back because I kept pillows in the trunk that no one knew about.

I reached into the back and grabbed two for Daniel and I. Before he said anything, I held my finger up to my lips to shush him.

"I keep these for times like this, it's gonna long trip," I whispered to him.

He nodded and leaned the pillow against the window. I did the same as we started heading to Santa Monica. I don't know how Daniel felt comfortable doing this. Maybe because I'm short and he's way taller. I mean 5'1" is still pretty short. Daniel grew up to 5'10" and stopped.

"C'mere," I hear Daniel whisper.

I gave him a confused look and he sighed. All of a sudden he picked me up and put me on his lap. With my pillow, he put it against the window/pocket thing the Yeti had and patted his shoulder. I never noticed he had another pillow. I leaned on his shoulder and found it really comfortable.

His arms wrapped around my waist as mines wrapped around his torso. As if he knew, Daniel started to hum my favorite song and in between verses and all the pauses he'd quietly kiss my temple. I fell asleep once he reached the bridge and I slowly started to dream.