Chapter 13: Zach

Sherlyn left with tears on her cheeks and it was all my fault. I sat in Jonah and I's room just thinking. I hurt the girl that had a real connection with me. She didn't know me as Zach Herron from the upcoming boyband Why Don't We. She knew me as Zach, airport dude that just wanted her number. I wanted to get her back but how could I? I'm pretty sure Sherlyn doesn't want to see any of us. Maybe Jack and Daniel. They're practically her best friends. What I regret more is that they were mad at me. All of them. They all loved Sherlyn. Now, I don't think she wants to see any of us.

"Dude, Ayla's here to see you. Like right now," Jonah said monotonously.

I walked down to the living room and saw her just talking to Jack and Daniel. Once they saw me, their smiles wiped away. Both of them told Ayla goodbye as they went upstairs to their rooms. I took a seat next to Ayla and sighed.

"You do know why I'm here right?" Ayla asked me.

"I broke Sherlyn's, heart. I'm sure Logan sent you," I sadly answered.

"Logan might've sent me but I'm here because Sherlyn's like a little sister to me too," She clarified.

"You think of her as a little sister too, great," I said sarcastically.

"Why did you hurt Sherlyn?" She questioned me.

"I didn't mean to hurt her," I confessed to Ayla.

"You didn't mean to hurt Sherlyn, but you did. If you knew her well, you'd know that she put her all into this short relationship. When we were hanging out before her music video shoot, she was telling me how amazing of a boyfriend you are. She went on about how you were the first guy she dated that treated her like the princess she is. More importantly, she told every guy that she had the slightest little flings with to back off," Ayla informed me.

"Really?" I shockingly ask.

"Yes, Zach. She loved you. She was ready to commit her all to you Zach, but you weren't near ready. She's so hurt that she was questioning herself. Asking what she did wrong and was it something she said to make you look the other way," Alya continued.

"It wasn't her fault. It's mine. I felt like I didn't know her the way I should and relationships shouldn't have secrets like that," I sighed.

"No relationships should have secrets but the secrets that she kept were ones that still haunt her to this day," She defended.

"Still yet! I could have helped her through it," I argued.

"How the hell are you supposed to help her with her divorced parents that separated at the age of 7? How are you supposed to help her with her dad's girlfriend always taking her away from her little brothers and her little sister?" Ayla angrily questioned me.

"I-I didn't know that's what she was keeping from me," I stuttered.

"Yeah, and you probably wouldn't have unless I told you. She was gonna open up eventually, but you messed up," Ayla replied in the same tone.

"I wish I didn't mess us up," I wished out loud.

"I think it's best that you don't try to contact her at all. No texts, calls, emails, youtube comments, Instagram or twitter dm's, post directed towards her, tweets directed towards her. None of it," Ayla finally came out.

"Ayla-"

"Zach, she's super hurt by this. You're the first guy that treated her right, ever. That meant a lot to her, but she'll never trust you again," She interrupted me.

"How do you know she'll never trust me again?" I tried to outsmart her.

"Would you trust Sherlyn if you overheard her saying she was gonna break up with you because she feels like she rushed things and lost feelings towards you?" She asked me. I shook my head and sighed.

"Just make sure whoever loves her next is the right guy," I told her. 

She simply nodded and got up to leave

She simply nodded and got up to leave. I don't know why I questioned our relationship. All I know it's the stupidest thing I've ever done. Pretty sure that Logan won't look at me the same. The guys don't even look at me the same anymore. I saw them all in the kitchen just playing around.

"Hey guys," I greeted as I attempted to get their attention.

"Sup Zach," Corbyn greeted me back.

"Guys please say something, I know I fucked up with Sherlyn," I begged.

"Yeah, you did. She was our best friend Zach. You didn't know how much she talked to us about you," Jack agreed.

"Yeah, she was debating on when she should say the three famous words because she was scared you would think it's too soon," Daniel added on.

"She was already thinking of birthday gifts for you too. She asked us what would you prefer, Yeezys or doc martens. We said we weren't sure and she told us she'll get both," Corbyn added on.

"Worst of all, she told us that you were the first guy to treat her like a princess," Jonah concluded.

"I know, Alya told me that too. I don't know what to do guys, I just wish that I could fix this. I need to fix this," I sighed.

"No, you don't deserve her. She was so good to you and all you did was question your relationship with her," Jack rose his voice at me.

"I know what I did Jack! You don't have to remind me!" I yelled at him.

"You had a perfectly loving girlfriend Zachary! You fucked it all up!" Jack yelled at me.

"Guys go to your rooms and calm down. We all know what he did," Daniel broke us up.

"Sherlyn will never talk to us again all because of you," Jack blamed.

I shook my head and went up to my room. The first thing I saw was the picture of us at Disneyland. It was a picture of us with Princess Jasmine and Aladdin. Her favorite princess. Aladdin and I were both on one knee while Sherlyn and Jasmine looked at us shocked. It was the same day that I asked Aladdin for advice. He told me the most common thing all guys should do. "Tell her the truth" and that's what I didn't do. She even told me to come to her when things got hard. I should've waited till we both got home to talk to her. All these thoughts in my head are 'I should've' and if I could I would change it all. Her necklace is in my hand. It's right where it started.

How did I let this happen?